joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got a surprise for all this winter. I have developed a weather system model of my own. I will personally run this model 6 times a day. I do not have the resources for public view, but if the success rate and interest is there, I may bring it online, pay per view. It will be interesting to see the model performance vs the GFS/EURO. I have spent many years working on this project and it is not capable of all the fancy graphics and lacking some data compared to the super computers. 

DUEE (Dystopia Uvid Extrapolated Eclat) will run at the following EST in the Banter thread:

2:45am

6:45am

10:45am

2:45pm

6:45pm

10:45pm

I look forward to all feedback and thank you. 

16 hours ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Good news. I may have lost my dinner watching the Walking Dead.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I read what happened. The spoilers don't bother me. But it does seem the show is going more and more for shock and gross factor instead of developing a good story the last two seasons. I liked the show better when they were actually trying to find out what happened and a solution to the zombies. It's been all about fighting the bad guy or the bad groups the last couple of seasons. 

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I read what happened. The spoilers don't bother me. But it does seem the show is going more and more for shock and gross factor instead of developing a good story the last two seasons. I liked the show better when they were actually trying to find out what happened and a solution to the zombies. It's been all about fighting the bad guy or the bad groups the last couple of seasons. 

There definitely was a lot of gore in last nights episode but the character Negan is one of the "best" bad guys I've seen in any show or movie. Incredible acting.   

5 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Brick you realize there hasn't been a true bad guy since the governor? Yea there's been kinda bad times, but this is the first real guy in a while. and JDM absolutely nails his role. Most excited I've been in a while.

6 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

The show is based on and gets its source materials from the TWD comics...the show isn't 100% faithful to the comics but the overall sequences of events CDC/Hershels Farm/Prison/Gov..Woodbury/Terminus/Alexandria/Hilltop & Negan/ and next weeks Kingdom and Ezekiel are all pretty much the exact timeline of the comics, the people still alive or dead is different in a lot of cases but the show is true to the comic timeline. Looking forward to meeting Ezekiel and Shiva next week.....will be interesting to see how they handle Shiva.....

Thinking about transferring from Appalachian to VT Tech's Met program. Undecided. Not sure if professors would support my beliefs and theories.  I want to be in charge of issuing life saving products. I believe I can issue more accurate and faster products without talking to other offices like GSP. I believe within as little as one year the locals would see an even bigger difference in accuracy between Blacksburg and GSP. I would have TV mets reading my discussion only to the public. Everyone would be coming to me.

6 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

Thinking about transferring from Appalachian to VT Tech's Met program. Undecided. Not sure if professors would support my beliefs and theories.  I want to be in charge of issuing life saving products. I believe I can issue more accurate and faster products without talking to other offices like GSP. I believe within as little as one year the locals would see an even bigger difference in accuracy between Blacksburg and GSP. I would have TV mets reading my discussion only to the public. Everyone would be coming to me.

Grab em by the p:ssy, brah!

14 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

Yeah that may be a tough sell. Follow your gut tho....and keep us posted! 

1 hour ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I honestly can't think of the last time we had such a long stretch of above normal temps. The last 5 months have all been way above normal. 

It's a run you won't see for below normal that's for sure. If the snowpack in Siberia is any indication of what to expect for winter temps we could start a below normal run hopefully.

16 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, GaStorm said:

It's a run you won't see for below normal that's for sure. If the snowpack in Siberia is any indication of what to expect for winter temps we could start a below normal run hopefully.

I know right ? Why can we have 5 months of way above normal but we NEVER have 5 months of way below normal ? At this point it would be a miracle to get 5 days of below normal, forget 5 months.

By the way, from May 24 to October 24, which is a total of 154 days, 9 of those days were below normal in Atlanta. And the days that were below normal were barely below normal.

1 hour ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I know right ? Why can we have 5 months of way above normal but we NEVER have 5 months of way below normal ? At this point it would be a miracle to get 5 days of below normal, forget 5 months.

By the way, from May 24 to October 24, which is a total of 154 days, 9 of those days were below normal in Atlanta. And the days that were below normal were barely below normal.

The statistics are breathtaking of course but I would like to understand the mechanisms for this endless warmth.  What has been abnormal about the synoptic scale weather patterns?  Anecdotally it seems to me that its been ridging at the drop of a hat.  During high summer, I know that there was a very stagnant high in place over the southeast, essentially preventing any frontal passage.  The last several weeks we have been getting pleasant cool shots but in between the heights surge back up.  I'd like to understand why, to the extent that that is possible for an educated layman.

17 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

The statistics are breathtaking of course but I would like to understand the mechanisms for this endless warmth.  What has been abnormal about the synoptic scale weather patterns?  Anecdotally it seems to me that its been ridging at the drop of a hat.  During high summer, I know that there was a very stagnant high in place over the southeast, essentially preventing any frontal passage.  The last several weeks we have been getting pleasant cool shots but in between the heights surge back up.  I'd like to understand why, to the extent that that is possible for an educated layman.

s/e ridge

42 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I would say a lot of this has been because of climate change plus the extreme El Nino we experienced this past winter. It has basically flooded the conus with warm air not just the SE.

18 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I would say a lot of this has been because of climate change plus the extreme El Nino we experienced this past winter. It has basically flooded the conus with warm air not just the SE.

I pretty much take it for granted that AGW is the ultimate cause of the anomalous pattern, but I would like to understand the mechanisms involved.

Heat is just kicking axx and taking names right now.  Even with weak Nina or soon to be the oceans are just boiling.  I know we aren't suppose to talk climate change here....but the flipping climate has changed.  With the relentless record breaking heat it's just hard to imagine a BN winter right now, outside the upper Midwest.

2 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

My fear is that areas such as Georgia will eventually warm enough so that snow is non-existent. We are already at the southern edge of where it typically snows every year. 20 years from now, snow may be non-existent in GA outside of the mountains. Does anyone think this is possible ?

Yes, it doesn't snow in Raleigh anymore.  We have the snow climo of Atlanta now.  We get the occasional sleet storm.  There is no arguing the globe is at record temps and has been trending up since early 90's.  Some argue that the globe swill start trending down but we won't know the answer to that for a long period of time.  

6 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

My fear is that areas such as Georgia will eventually warm enough so that snow is non-existent. We are already at the southern edge of where it typically snows every year. 20 years from now, snow may be non-existent in GA outside of the mountains. Does anyone think this is possible ?

everywhere South of CHA will never seen snow again, after 2020.. :)

• jburns locked this topic

Archived