• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

As a matter of fact, February was the sweet time for winter storms in Southeast Virginia and Northeast NC. It just so happened that they always seemed to coincide with the arrival of the Barnum and Bailey Circus in Norfolk. Of course that was the 1980's. I doubt we see 1970's or 1980's winters around here ever again. In 1976 it got so cold for so long in Elizabeth City that the Pasquotank River froze over so solid for so many days, people were driving their trucks and Blazers out on the ice.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is banter, and everyone can obviously see my Avatar and knows who this guys pulls for (and has since 1979) who's everyone got in the CFB playoffs? 

I think the juggernaut that is Alabama will demolish Washington and make their QB Jake Browning look very bad. Clemson vs. Ohio State is more interesting. Which offenses show up? The Clemson offense that destroyed Syracuse, scored on their first four drives versus Wake Forest, and went up 35-14 on VaTech before holding on. The Ohio State offense that had trouble with Indiana, Michigan, and lost to Penn State? Could it be a defensive game? Both OSU and Clemson have stout defenses. I think it comes down to who executes their game plan best while simultaneously denying their opponent the ability to execute theirs. 

To to be honest, Clemson and Ohio State are playing for second place. In my opinion (and it might be because I'm a Clemson guy) but I think the Clemson defense matches up better with 'Bama's offense and Clemson's Offense (specifically DeShaun Watson) can create problems for 'Bama if they make past Ohio State first. Opinions?

18 hours ago, tramadoc said:

Since this is banter, and everyone can obviously see my Avatar and knows who this guys pulls for (and has since 1979) who's everyone got in the CFB playoffs? 

I think the juggernaut that is Alabama will demolish Washington and make their QB Jake Browning look very bad. Clemson vs. Ohio State is more interesting. Which offenses show up? The Clemson offense that destroyed Syracuse, scored on their first four drives versus Wake Forest, and went up 35-14 on VaTech before holding on. The Ohio State offense that had trouble with Indiana, Michigan, and lost to Penn State? Could it be a defensive game? Both OSU and Clemson have stout defenses. I think it comes down to who executes their game plan best while simultaneously denying their opponent the ability to execute theirs. 

To to be honest, Clemson and Ohio State are playing for second place. In my opinion (and it might be because I'm a Clemson guy) but I think the Clemson defense matches up better with 'Bama's offense and Clemson's Offense (specifically DeShaun Watson) can create problems for 'Bama if they make past Ohio State first. Opinions?

Don't like Clemson, don't like OSU, don't like Alabama. My take is Washington gives Bama a tough game but only way Bama loses is they beat their selves with bad offensive play calling.

I think Clemson beats OSU I believe they are just better..but as bad as I dislike Urban he is a he'll of a coach so who knows.

Bama wins it all if they pound the rock down everybody's throat and Hurts makes good decisions when he does throw it. OJ Howard should be his target 90% of the time.

4 hours ago, nchighcountrywx said:

Safety always....

We got an outage to work

All it takes is a good lawyer. Don't really think its Comcast's fault they should have said in defense they are driving too fast esp. near blind spots. Better for them to wreck now on a 2 lane road before they cause wrecks in more populated areas. Also the guy recording is dumb he will be liable for his traffic signs in court if someone wanted to sue him. And if I was a Comcast employee I would sue him for harassment.

12 hours ago, jburns said:

I finally found a cough syrup that works.

orig.jpg

That probably should have a skull and crossbones symbol at the bottom....Reminds me of the time, back when the kids were very small, I cleaned out my mom and dad's medicine chest. I found similar "medicines". Of course, nothing quite this bad, just your typical "run of the mill" opium based products.

If y'all are bored, go to YouTube and enter Simpsonville tornado. Look at a video there by Gene G. It's 5:28 in duration. Near the end, the last 2 minutes or so when they drive up the hill and you see all the trees snapped in half about 20-30' up and then see the brick garage in pieces and the road blocked off, that about 200-300 yds from my house and when they turn into a neighborhood and you see a guy walking a dog, that's my neighborhood! It's a good look at the devastation 

23 minutes ago, Jon said:

We should copy the MA and change banter thread to Panic Room....banter thread is a bit old, and maybe the name change will leave the panic folks in here and out of the disco. 

I've always liked the panic room idea. That thread would take off like a rocket. It could be moderated by shetley and Carrolton.

Bowman North Dakota (...Merry Christmas):

Tonight
Patchy fog after 7pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 10. Light and variable wind becoming east 8 to 13 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Saturday
Cloudy, with a high near 18. East wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
Saturday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11pm. Patchy blowing snow after 5am. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 18 by 4am. Breezy, with an east wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Christmas Day
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 2pm. High near 20. Windy, with a north wind 17 to 22 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 3. Windy, with a northwest wind 32 to 39 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Monday
A 20 percent chance of snow before 11am. Areas of blowing snow before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 11. Breezy.  

2 hours ago, superjames1992 said:

I believe that was the last measurable snowfall here, so I'll take a repeat, please.

It was and ... well, that map is a little low on accumulations in a broad brush fashion - the "T" was a bit more than that from G'ville up to Starke to south Jax.  Believe me - I drove it and measured it and 2" was not uncommon.

lately it seems that temperatures are verifying higher than the forecast. it seems like the only time temperatures are lower than the forecast is during CAD events. im so sick of this SER.

Another thing that is complete bs, it is currently 73 degrees at the airport which is 5 DEGREES above the forecast high.

• jburns locked this topic

Archived