Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

7 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

The way to look at it is you get to see below freezing temps much more frequently than folks to your south. The way I see it is if you get freezing temps you get winter weather. I state before as a kid I lived near Cape Canaveral and I use to get jealous of the areas in north Florida (they would always get below freezing, not so much for us). My sister lives in Fort Myers. She hasn't seen freezing temps in a couple of years.      

been thinking lately - if i could stand the accent, i'd move back to sw lower michigan for the winters! yup - we should be getting freezes - only 2 so far this year well bn oh well - back to the cave and this time i'm serious about retreating!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complete bs. This cold blast is bs. Atlanta's high was 44 when forecasters were calling for 41 as a high. Countless days of temperatures verifying on the high side. It pisses me off that we have been stuck under a constant SER the whole damn fall. I'm so sick of these record high temps and why is it so easy for us lol to go +10 to +15 above average.. annoying as hell. All I want is cold weather.. sorry for the irrTional post. Just flustered 

8 minutes ago, Eastatlwx said:

Complete bs. This cold blast is bs. Atlanta's high was 44 when forecasters were calling for 41 as a high. Countless days of temperatures verifying on the high side. It pisses me off that we have been stuck under a constant SER the whole damn fall. I'm so sick of these record high temps and why is it so easy for us lol to go +10 to +15 above average.. annoying as hell. All I want is cold weather.. sorry for the irrTional post. Just flustered 

Atlanta won't go under 25 degrees with an arctic front in December. Pretty impressive !

2 hours ago, Jon said:

All doom and gloom in the SE forum about the SER then 96 posts in the disco thread today due to recent runs. Lol!

It's REALLY hard to judge the overall mood here lately. There's something worth looking at within 10 days but there's pure depression over the SER 12+ days away.

lol wut

Also, since when is there ANOTHER GFS Para?! And how's it verifying against the GFS? 

11 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

They need lawyers in Watertown, NY, too!! :)

Much rather be in a place where they talk like me!

Although 18z gfs has me at 81º on Christmas Day - I prefer southern accents and southern cold, but that 81º is damn near Miami, which is another world.

I tread no further south than Payne's Prairie (south of my cave I somehow keep coming out of) and no further north than Linville.

Oh welllllllll :maphot:

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Where's Shetley? I'm ready to hear: it won't get below 50 around here the next 4 weeks, and all the rain showing  up, is disappearing! :(

:clap:Classic!

How about, "There's no sign of anything good for Jonesville, North of 85 will get lots of cold and snow, but here East and South there will be nothing but warm and dry weather. That's fine, if it's not going to snow it may as well be warm." 

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

It's REALLY hard to judge the overall mood here lately. There's something worth looking at within 10 days but there's pure depression over the SER 12+ days away.

lol wut

Also, since when is there ANOTHER GFS Para?! And how's it verifying against the GFS? 

Yeah, I don't know much about it other than it came out this month and it was released after the May release and subsequent evaluations by many offices (CPC/WPC/HPC/NHC,etc). They had to adjust or tweak something but I can't seem to find a release on it...or maybe they didn't adjust anything and it's the same parallel... http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/notification/tin16-11gfs_gdasaaa.htm

The real-time verification of the parallel is available here, http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/gmb/STATS_vsdb/

Euro is still king, and the regular GFS seems to be doing better than the para at Day 8, but the para is doing better than the regular GFS at day 10 and Day 6. Go figure.

cor_day8_HGT_P500_G2NHX.png

On 12/8/2016 at 1:45 PM, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I can not wait to get out of this God forsaken state and move to an area where winters are not so pathetic.

I see you're in Dahlonega at least. Isn't that colder than Carrollton?

Anyway, I decided to go to college in Oklahoma to be somewhere different, so I don't blame you for wanting to move.

2 hours ago, lookingnorth said:

I see you're in Dahlonega at least. Isn't that colder than Carrollton?

Anyway, I decided to go to college in Oklahoma to be somewhere different, so I don't blame you for wanting to move.

Yes, I'm in Dahlonega currently. I don't really like it here though and i'm going for a visit to Texas soon. So, I may end up in Texas. Who knows ? Where did you move from ? I'm sure Oklahoma has some very interesting weather.

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

My hypothesis for the next two weeks overall. 

Cold decreases,

SER increases.

At least we get to see the white stuff on tv right?

Oh, and calling it right now, you heard it here first. Cleveland will beat Cincinnati.

Actually I agree with you. I also hope that there's lots of snow falling during the game !

• jburns locked this topic

Archived