Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

I posted it in the banter thread. 

I don't care if you posted it on the side of a city bus.  I'm not going to put up with four months of arguing between optimists and pessimists. Concentrate on the weather and not each other. We will all have a better time.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jonathang16 said:

Isn't his name Chris that used to do weather down in Macon? If so I think he sells cars now.   Think he was on another forum and would come around when storms come. 

Seriously? Selling cars? Wow. I wouldn't have seen that coming with a magic ball. When I frequented Facebook I would like to watch his weather analysis videos.

Just now, Jonathang16 said:

Yes he quit in July and moved to selling cars. I guess he wanted to do something different. Pretty sure he still keeps up with the weather.   There is also someone on here with the name hwy316 that is pretty good regarding weather also. 

When a storm comes around is there usually a storm thread made?

Jon Cash from WAVY TV 10 in Norfolk, Virginia quit (or was forced out) a few years ago. He's a minister now. He still posts winter storm stuff on Facebook for those who follow him.

second part: Most definitely. And it gets crazy. LOL

28 minutes ago, Jonathang16 said:

Yes he quit in July and moved to selling cars. I guess he wanted to do something different. Pretty sure he still keeps up with the weather.   There is also someone on here with the name hwy316 that is pretty good regarding weather also. 

When a storm comes around is there usually a storm thread made?

He posts about the weather at almost the same frequency as when he was a met lol. Still worth following on FB.

41 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Another Jo(h)n(athan) on the board! :lol: 

So we have myself, Jon, burgerJon, JohnWow and now Jonathang

Welcome aboard!

and I usually go by Jonathan. I could have been JonathanW but went short. Glad I did. haha!

10 minutes ago, GaStorm said:

Lol. I bet this will be the year Carrollton gets a massive winter storm after you moved.

I don't have high expectations even up here. I mean if i was over 3,000' then I would be a little more excited. I'm only at 1350' and even though i'm further north, this is still GA and there are no guarantees of snow even up here.

2 minutes ago, Jonathang16 said:

For some snow every year you would have to put a house on top of brass town bald.

I have family that lives close to Carrolton in  Bremen. I remember a few years ago it snowed on Christmas about 4 inches.

I like the Bremen area. Sure there's nothing to do there, but it's a nice, small southern town. Schools are pretty good there also. You are talking about Christmas 2010.

3 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

so I'm complaining publicly, and having done so will now go back into my cave :underthewx:

how's the caffeine holding up, btw!

The way to look at it is you get to see below freezing temps much more frequently than folks to your south. The way I see it is if you get freezing temps you get winter weather. I state before as a kid I lived near Cape Canaveral and I use to get jealous of the areas in north Florida (they would always get below freezing, not so much for us). My sister lives in Fort Myers. She hasn't seen freezing temps in a couple of years.      

• jburns locked this topic

Archived