Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please hear me out.

Please everyone - start rootin' for Jon's Canadian, and the Japanese, and the CFSV2 and every other model that shows a warm winter. Pull for it. Pull for them all. Pull for them like you used to do for LR models that showed cold and snow and blocking and 10 weeks of winter. Root for the warm - play it up. Our luck, we'll all be disappointed once we give homage to and ecstatically buy into the warm progs

offer up a calf to the gods of warmth and no snow

then maybe .... as always, we'll get what we don't root for

my reverse osmosis theory on model watching - clean out the impurity

4 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

Please hear me out.

Please everyone - start rootin' for Jon's Canadian, and the Japanese, and the CFSV2 and every other model that shows a warm winter. Pull for it. Pull for them all. Pull for them like you used to do for LR models that showed cold and snow and blocking and 10 weeks of winter. Root for the warm - play it up. Our luck, we'll all be disappointed once we give homage to and ecstatically buy into the warm progs

then maybe ....

my reverse osmosis theory on model watching - clean out the impurity

Taking your theory to the next level tonight?

It's been an incredible year for warmth in Atlanta. Here are the departures from February to November, 10 straight months of above normal temps !

February: +1

March:     +6

April:       +2

May:        +1

June:       +4

July:        +3

August:    +3

Sept:       +5

Oct:         +6

Nov:        +5

19 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

It's been an incredible year for warmth in Atlanta. Here are the departures from February to November, 10 straight months of above normal temps !

February: +1

March:     +6

April:       +2

May:        +1

June:       +4

July:        +3

August:    +3

Sept:       +5

Oct:         +6

Nov:        +5

Dec has a chance to go neg, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

13 minutes ago, Jon said:

I think PSU deserves it, but I think the committee will put OSU in.

Apparently PSU has a 14% chance to make playoffs with the Clemson win, while OSU has a 87% chance. http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-college-football-predictions/

PSU definitely has an argument. They beat Ohio State and they are champions of the best conference in football. It's going to come down to Penn State vs Washington as to who gets the #4 spot. I think the committee will look at the fact Washington lost 1 game and Penn State lost 2 games plus the fact that Penn State lost by 39 to Michigan. I think Penn State will end up #5. I have Bama #1, Clemson #2, Ohio State #3, and Washington #4.

9 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

You seem very optimistic. Are you sure Penn State will be in the playoffs ?

I am optomistic. If they dont get in, then the system is broken.  They should be the #4.  No one including me, thought they would be Big 10 champs at the start of the season.  Plus they beat Ohio state which says something as well.  I guess we will find out but I think they deserve it.  Of course my opinion is slightly biased.

9 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

PSU definitely has an argument. They beat Ohio State and they are champions of the best conference in football. It's going to come down to Penn State vs Washington as to who gets the #4 spot. I think the committee will look at the fact Washington lost 1 game and Penn State lost 2 games plus the fact that Penn State lost by 39 to Michigan. I think Penn State will end up #5. I have Bama #1, Clemson #2, Ohio State #3, and Washington #4.

If Penn State doesnt make it, I would switch your #3 and 4 around.  

7 hours ago, Avdave said:

I am optomistic. If they dont get in, then the system is broken.  They should be the #4.  No one including me, thought they would be Big 10 champs at the start of the season.  Plus they beat Ohio state which says something as well.  I guess we will find out but I think they deserve it.  Of course my opinion is slightly biased.

Well that didnt work as I thought. Unreal.

Time to smell the Roses which isnt too bad

Sometimes it really sucks living in the SE, especially East of the Apps! Whole freakin county's going to be in the icebox this week and we're stuck with mid 50s for highs/40s for lows. When it does finally cool off, it's noting more than a run of the mill early december front - mid 40s/mid 20s. Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Sometimes it really sucks living in the SE, especially East of the Apps! Whole freakin county's going to be in the icebox this week and we're stuck with mid 50s for highs/40s for lows. When it does finally cool off, it's noting more than a run of the mill early december front - mid 40s/mid 20s. Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!

It looks to me like the NWS is forecasting a high of 40 on Friday in your area with a low near 20 on Sat morning. I wouldn't call that mid 40s/mid 20s ! I wouldn't necessarily call that a run of the mill early December front, especially with how warm December's have been the last few years.

dangit, been trying to catch an early snow for years and get a Christmas tree with the family while it was snowing.  Looks like we should have come up Saturday.  Any good places to go within a couple hours of Asheville for this thursday and hopefully catch some flakes while getting the tree?

Ray is saying guidance is backing off moisture for Thursday.  Just need some flakes, don't need a blizzard.

17 minutes ago, NGTim said:

dangit, been trying to catch an early snow for years and get a Christmas tree with the family while it was snowing.  Looks like we should have come up Saturday.  Any good places to go within a couple hours of Asheville for this thursday and hopefully catch some flakes while getting the tree?

Ray is saying guidance is backing off moisture for Thursday.  Just need some flakes, don't need a blizzard.

Basically any county that borders Tennessee will see flakes. I would say head towards Avery county or somewhere in that area for the most flakes.

2 hours ago, NGTim said:

Yeah up in Madison county, Haywood county near Max Patch or Harmons den. Pretty much along the TN/NC BOARDER.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:26 PM, Snowless in Carrollton said:

It looks to me like the NWS is forecasting a high of 40 on Friday in your area with a low near 20 on Sat morning. I wouldn't call that mid 40s/mid 20s ! I wouldn't necessarily call that a run of the mill early December front, especially with how warm December's have been the last few years.

Meh... I'm usually a couple degrees cooler than Greenville, especially at night, and I expect to see some upper teens at least one morning. But for Greenville, WYFF just calling for mid 40s/ mid-upper 20s, then back up to 50s/30s (NWS definitely a couple degrees cooler though). All in all, nothing to write home about for December, especially with what much of the country is seeing. Not to mention that most on our same lattitide, but West of the Apps, will see colder. Chattanooga, Huntsville, Memphis, etc, all progged to see at least one day of 30s for highs. (Dang Apps always block the good stuff!) I want the freakin freezer! Maybe later in the month...

• jburns locked this topic

Archived