Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

3 minutes ago, NWNC2015 said:

what are the rules on signature lines? i like politics and the threads we have for it but weather too. are we allowed to have signature political short chants for when i go to the political round table but it also shows in everywhere else

If you don't change it, you'll probably get banned.  You know where the boundaries are.  Just use some good sense, so you can keep posting this time.  Please.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really fighting the urge to put up the Christmas decorations and listen to Christmas music already. I'll have to get up all the leaves this weekend first. Well, mow the leaves in the front yard, and blow the ones in the back yard to the wooded area. I stopped trying to rake them up and putting them at the curb for the town to collect. Too much work.

59 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I am really fighting the urge to put up the Christmas decorations and listen to Christmas music already. I'll have to get up all the leaves this weekend first. Well, mow the leaves in the front yard, and blow the ones in the back yard to the wooded area. I stopped trying to rake them up and putting them at the curb for the town to collect. Too much work.

Why fight the urge?  Just do it already, if you want to.  It's cool.

5 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

what are the rules on signature lines? i like politics and the threads we have for it but weather too. are we allowed to have signature political short chants for when i go to the political round table but it also shows in everywhere else

Wxtrix is going to chew you up and spit you out.

10 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

I don't like it when people put the outdoor decorations up before the leaves are off the trees, but the decision is really up to the homeowner.

8 hours ago, lookingnorth said:

I don't like it when people put the outdoor decorations up before the leaves are off the trees, but the decision is really up to the homeowner.

Yeah, that's the one thing keeping me from doing it. I don't want to put the decorations outside and still have to get up a bunch of leaves. I am going to get them up this weekend, but I know I will have to do another round to get up the ones still on the trees. I think I'll wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving like usual to put up the tree and decorations inside, and have another round of getting up leaves the first weekend of December, and put up the outside decorations then. 

31 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

James Spann says he's confident there will be rain next week in Alabama and Glenn Burns says no rain the next 10 days. I guess  the rain is just going to magically disappear at  the Georgia border.

It has for about the last 3 months, so I'd say it's gonna go David Blaine, at the GA border

12 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

There's only room for 1 weatherboard!

its basically up and running under " your weather now" board! They miss rain_cold over there!

R_C needs to dust off the keyboard!

7 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Winter boards got quiet. thats never a good thing.

Too much west coast troughing!

On June 2, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Solak said:

They did that to the GFS. How'd that work out :D

21 minutes ago, metalicwx366 said:

Insane cold over the other side of the world. 1060+ high pressures and places -40-(-60) degrees below average.

I hope one day,we can get to 40 degrees below average, in the winter!!! That would get me in the teens for highs and minus 10-15 degrees for lows! I love cold and dry!

On 11/15/2016 at 0:30 PM, Brick Tamland said:

I thought it was always odd they had it the Saturday before Thanksgiving. 

It is odd but like the other person said, it is to jump start the holiday economy shopping.  I still think it should be after Thanksgiving but eh, nothing I can do about it.  People can go to the parade this year and wear their banana hammocks and flip flops

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I hope one day,we can get to 40 degrees below average, in the winter!!! That would get me in the teens for highs and minus 10-15 degrees for lows! I love cold and dry!

Cold is great, the dry and cold together, naso much. Does a number on my sinuses with that deep cold and dry air.

18 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

There's only room for 1 weatherboard!

its basically up and running under " your weather now" board! They miss rain_cold over there!

Hope this board doesn't go down any. There really isn't anywhere else to go now if it does. The only other place I know of is the Accuweather board, and it is a ghost town. Really surprised some of the regulars on Talkweather haven't come here.

29 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Hope this board doesn't go down any. There really isn't anywhere else to go now if it does. The only other place I know of is the Accuweather board, and it is a ghost town. Really surprised some of the regulars on Talkweather haven't come here.

I always hung out over on Talkweather during the winter. I never posted much tho.

17 hours ago, Alias47 said:

I always hung out over on Talkweather during the winter. I never posted much tho.

Welcome! The more the merrier. If that board is really dead, maybe more will show up once we start getting some real winter storm threats. 

Hopefully, things won't keep getting pushed back 10 days from now over and over again. It looks like the pattern could be good right after Thanksgiving, just in time for the Christmas season. 

• jburns locked this topic

Archived