Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Atlantic Tropical Discussion:Atlantic Looks Active North of 20N

bluewave

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The EPS mean and control run stall Hermine off the Delmarva for the next 10 days.

Just a bit SE of the 12z OP Euro through 120 and doesn't loop back as far west this weekend.

what an odd solution.  I'm sure it would occlude and die out but 10 days?   Wow.   Also the high to the north is so big I wonder how far north the rains can get....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

what an odd solution.  I'm sure it would occlude and die out but 10 days?   Wow.   Also the high to the north is so big I wonder how far north the rains can get....

With all the blocking it has no chance to escape. Some of the hurricane models loop it back again in the middle of the weak 

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

It's really close to the OP in the idea of this getting stuck under the block near the MA Coast. 

ps2png-atls17-95e2cf679cd58ee9b4db4dd119a05a8d-b2H_Yb.png

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

It's really close to the OP in the idea of this getting stuck under the block near the MA Coast. 

ps2png-atls17-95e2cf679cd58ee9b4db4dd119a05a8d-b2H_Yb.png

That would just be sooooo epic. We go from terrible drought to unprecedented floods. Anyone who is a climate change denier needs to get their head checked. Here we go blocking again. !

11 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The EPS mean and control run stall Hermine off the Delmarva for the next 10 days.

Just a bit SE of the 12z OP Euro through 120 and doesn't loop back as far west this weekend.

A track like that would be devastating to the jersey shore. All that water would not have anywhere to go. 

17 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

That would just be sooooo epic. We go from terrible drought to unprecedented floods. Anyone who is a climate change denier needs to get their head checked. Here we go blocking again. !

16 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

A track like that would be devastating to the jersey shore. All that water would not have anywhere to go. 

There is plenty of fuel out there with record SST's in the low 80's off the Delmarva if it tracks over the ocean and gets pulled back in to near the coast

rather than a more inland GFS track.

http://www.weather.gov/akq/observations

10 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The New hurricane models miss the area

Way east

Yup, but it really depends on the interaction with the trough. Some of the 18z suite sped up and that could have implications. I didn't expect the models to be locked in with 4 days to go. If we lose the globals tonight then I'd be worried.

Maybe they are right and perhaps if I saw the individual solutions they show it but perhaps further south? Tough to tell in that mess. Anyways, seemed like most didn't show it which seemed weird to me.  Not that any solution is concrete this far out, but given how the globals are so hellbent on it...would have thought they showed it. Would think biggest issue is a close off further south like EC ensembles.

Archived