SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2016 Atlantic Tropical Discussion:Atlantic Looks Active North of 20N

bluewave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be really great for areas that need the rain and is exactly what I wanted to see, not a direct hit, but something that gives us several (but much needed) inches of rain and some decent winds. Obviously there will be a trade off with some flooding problems but the rain is much needed and droughts are usually ended with big rainmakers. 

24 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Exactly why people need to stop living run to run. Same thing happens in winter. Anything and pretty much everything is still possible. 

This thing is headed twords 30c waters in the Bahamas. It could ramp up big time after the mountain interaction. 

It'll be harder to really ramp up again if the center stays over mountainous land for very long. How much Matthew can regain strength depends on how disrupted the core is by land.   If it stays west of Haiti, it'll have a good chance in the Bahamas to regain major hurricane strength. 

Think of Irene on steroids. That's what I expect from Mathew at this point. 

Look how ridiculous the moisture feed is going to be as the Southeasterly flow comes in directly off the ocean.

The only saving grace rainfall wise is the quick movement, which is fairly common given that Mathew will be phasing with the jet stream. 

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Think of Irene on steroids. That's what I expect from Mathew at this point. 

Look how ridiculous the moisture feed is going to be as the Southeasterly flow comes in directly off the ocean.

The only saving grace rainfall wise is the quick movement, which is fairly common given that Mathew will be phasing with the jet stream. 

Yeah it picks up speed one at our latitude which will spare the area of epic flooding. 

Just now, Allsnow said:

Yeah it picks up speed one at our latitude which will spare the area of epic flooding. 

Once the phase completes it will be off to the races unless that mid-western trough ends up closing off an ULL. And then we'd be rolling the dice with having it close off too soon and never making it this far North.

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Over/Under on the amount of people among the general public that will think we're missing the storm because the NHC track will likely show the center remaining offshore up this way?

I don't think so. The local mets/media will take any opportunity to sensationalize so I'm sure they will make people aware of the likely effects from the trough pulling in the precip or  from being on the left side of the storm.

Archived