Greenland buckles the upstream pattern. Looking at prolonged setup

of favorable troughing with H5 heights 1 to 2 standard deviations

below average for early June over the NE CONUS validating the 6 to

10 and 8 to 14 day Climate Prediction Outlooks of cooler, unsettled

weather averaged over the aforementioned timeframes. Such outcomes

begin to emerge Sunday, prevailing through the remainder of the long

term forecast period through next weekend the details of which are

outlined below.

To which -NAO/-AO trends does that author refer?

The current GEF-based prognostics show substantial relaxation in both the AO and NAO.  So long as that is the case ... a near neutral index measure ... - those correlations to patterns are different in JJA than they are in DJF in the first place.  We have to be careful assuming "where we've been" is "where we are going"   The NAO, and the shared domain space of AO/NAO (where they overlap), are both typically not handled well by operational runs and their ensembles so using those to assess a D6-10+ is dubious to me.

But, that's just imho.  If the CPC and CDC have those indices neutralizing, while the PNA is crashing like that ... good luck.  I just think NCEP is wrong, if this excerpt is very recently coined.  If it is a 4 day old discussion component...okay.

I like how he calls you out for ignoring today and after the 20th for warmth, but in doing so he ignores two full weeks of near to below normal. 

lol I think he was saying that to Ginxy but yeah, if its not 85+ then we skip over it.

I just love how we somehow end up using temperatures at some of the hottest ASOS locations in New England (BDL and sometimes HFD, use the one that's hotter) as the "discussion" temperatures when the vast majority of folks living in New England will see lower (sometimes much lower) temperatures.

A forecast of 85F at BDL turns into a 85-90 degree day for discussion purposes here on the forum lol.

lol I think he was saying that to Ginxy but yeah, if its not 85+ then we skip over it.

I just love how we somehow end up using temperatures at some of the hottest ASOS locations in New England (BDL and sometimes HFD, use the one that's hotter) as the "discussion" temperatures when the vast majority of folks living in New England will see lower (sometimes much lower) temperatures.

A forecast of 85F at BDL turns into a 85-90 degree day for discussion purposes here on the forum lol.

I just put on my shawl. The late day shade and wind had kicked in.

I topped out at 78. Brutal.

I mean it is a warm summery day in SNE...looks like a lot of 78-84F type highs depending on elevation.

BDL high listed at 83F at 18z but might sneak higher late this afternoon.

Up here its mid-70s with dews near 50F below 1,200ft...just left the office and the high up there was 74F at 1,500ft.

Only dewpoints matter where people work and live.

EPS keeping that really strong signal for MWN going below 0C around Thursday. Long way to go for their record cold June temp (8oF) but should be well below their normal min in the upper 30s.

Only dewpoints matter where people work and live.

EPS keeping that really strong signal for MWN going below 0C around Thursday. Long way to go for their record cold June temp (8oF) but should be well below their normal min in the upper 30s.

Looking at the MMNV1 records, next Wednesday has a record low of 31F while Thursday has a record low of 20F.

1980 must've had one heck of a cold shot, as that's the record cold for 6/9 with the low of 20F and snowfall.

Those 70's look frigid

Well let's say the warmer Euro is right. Op and EPS both look about +5 at 850. Let's also assume deep mixing in CAA to 850. Adjusting for BDL's elevation would give a high of about the mid 60s.

You know, if we're going to split hairs 

Well let's say the warmer Euro is right. Op and EPS both look about +5 at 850. Let's also assume deep mixing in CAA to 850. Adjusting for BDL's elevation would give a high of about the mid 60s.

You know, if we're going to split hairs 

Almost impossible with full sun and downsloping to stay in the 60's coastal plain and valley this time of year

It's not often we get a good NW breeze going in June at the course. The 1st will play tough, but a NW wind favors most of the other big dogs in the layout.

The chamber is ready.

It should be lovely in the NW upslope regions... don't want to live there late next week. 

The GFS has the NW flow regions taking the brunt of the below normal departures from daytime clouds/showery/breezy conditions. 

post-352-0-61476700-1465089091_thumb.png

Airmass is cold enough the p-type product even has a small spec of blue over the High Peaks of the Adirondacks... flurries for Whiteface?

post-352-0-86984200-1465089185_thumb.png

Archived