Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE Tropical Weather Discussion - Hurricanes

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hoth said:

06z GFS brings the storm along the SE coast inland, loops it back into Delaware and then drifts it south of Long Island. Some much needed rain at the least. Another run, another solution. 

really hoping for that along the south coast, 00 GEFS printing a soaker down here

Just looked at what is going on weather wise for the first time today.  Quite a blob of deep convection with TD 9.  Outflow looks poor except SE quad.  Guess no recent recon. What's going on with that?   Models shifting west.  That is good news for New England in my opinion.  If the storm comes up the coast and hugs it up to NC it will not become a destructive wind event for us.  Heavy rains usually on west side so if we can get the storm west enough maybe some drought denting rain for at least SE New England.  Looks like a very complicated track situation but something to definitely watch how it evolves.  

I'm a fish-out-of-water in literal terms. A transplanted Bostonian posting in a tropical thread in New England.

Awakened this morning to two stand-out features.

1. Official track adjusting to the left. That's cool with me.

2. Outflow (even if it's still a disorganized blob) is being inhibited on the NW side. ML dry-air intrusion from the trough moving in.

A PRE is presently get going. UL flow is increasing from the SW. I'm hoping the track today doesn't shift back right. (most likely will)

Expecting a boatload of water to the tune of localized 12" in the next 48hrs. Probably sustained winds in the 30-40mph range with gusts to 60 at the height of the storm in squalls Thursday evening. Eyes peeled on GRL2 seeing an increase chance of quick hitting EF0-EF1. Line of site is blocked 360 by trees living in a forest.   

What an interesting setup with Tropical Storm Hermine.   First off the models are going to be in a real state of flux for what happens up here.  Yesterday it looked like  out to sea and perhaps hooking back.  Todays 12Z runs have it coming up and hitting a brick wall south of New England..  How far it gets before stalling, looping or weakening will be the key.  No way is New England going to get a hurricane but hopefully some rain and some pretty good east winds with the pressure gradient.  Beach erosion, rip tides, high surf along the east coast south of us.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's early, but my gut says this is a bigger deal (could be a doozy) for NJ area. I think we'll get the arc of WAA rains and some east winds ahead of it, but nothing too significant. 

Meh..I could do without another sandy as the shore seems like it's just about back to normal this summer. I will be well north in Maine this weekend so hopefully it's not to bad down in nj 

Archived