joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 Discussions/Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anyone want less daylight? I dont get it.

I love getting home from work when it is still light outside. Who wants to be in darkness all the time?

I really dont get it.

Everyone's different. I like when it starts getting darker because it means we're progressing towards autumn and winter. Also enjoy a few rainy days here and there because sunny everyday is boring and too much sun is not good for you anyway. 

Just an overall very normal +0.4 June so far at a place like Newark. No major heat and 14 out of 26

days in a -2 to +2 range. The high of 91 is among the coolest for recent Junes. I guess the pattern

had to even out the last few months closer to normal with all the extreme +5 to +6 departures

from May 2015 to March 2016.

Apr...+0.3

May...-0.1

Just an overall very normal +0.4 June so far at a place like Newark. No major heat and 14 out of 26

days in a -2 to +2 range. The high of 91 is among the coolest for recent Junes. I guess the pattern

had to even out the last few months closer to normal with all the extreme +5 to +6 departures

from May 2015 to March 2016.

Apr...+0.3

May...-0.1

LGA is +1.5

BDR is +1.6

NYC is +1.0

LGA is +1.5

BDR is +1.6

NYC is +1.0

Yeah, a vanilla 0 to +2 type of departure month with no major 95 or higher heat.

This may be the first time for many stations since 1996 that the June highest temperature didn't exceed May.

..........JUN...MAY

NYC.....88....92

LGA.....90.....92

JFK......92.....87

ISP......86.....88

EWR...91.....96

we could be at the beginning of a long dry period...Since 1971 NYC had only four years with less than 40" of precipitation...2016 could be number five...The previous 45 year period from 1926 to 1970 had 21 years with less than 40"...If 2016 ends up with less than 40" it would be twice in five years that happened...The 1960's had six straight from 1961 to 1966 with less than 40" of precipitation annually...

we could be at the beginning of a long dry period...Since 1971 NYC had only four years with less than 40" of precipitation...2016 could be number five...The previous 45 year period from 1926 to 1970 had 21 years with less than 40"...If 2016 ends up with less than 40" it would be twice in five years that happened...The 1960's had six straight from 1961 to 1966 with less than 40" of precipitation annually...

Remember when the El Niño was suppose to bring us all this precipitation?

except for the January blizzard this el nino is a dud around here...West Virginia and Texas hogging all the rain...

+PDO/Western Ridge rainfall suppression pattern has been going strong here.

This is like the total precip version of 2/6/10 on steroids. We got really lucky

that the blizzard came further north than expected bucking the trend.

Archived