joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 Discussions/Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this weather. Half of the summer is over imo. By the way I'm trying to go the beach on Wednesday? Does it look okay for a beach day or that low is going to stick around?

Are you kidding? That's like saying half the Winter is over after Christmas.

Meteorological half-way point: July 15th; astronomical half-way point: August 5th. 

By some of the posts, you'd think we were experiencing a very cool June; in reality, most will be finishing slightly warmer than normal. My advice to the cool summer lovers is to enjoy the next couple weeks. Would be very shocked if we remain in this regime for the next two months given expected progression of global indicators and supplementarily, analogs.

Meteorological half-way point: July 15th; astronomical half-way point: August 5th. 

By some of the posts, you'd think we were experiencing a very cool June; in reality, most will be finishing slightly warmer than normal. My advice to the cool summer lovers is to enjoy the next couple weeks. Would be very shocked if we remain in this regime for the next two months given expected progression of global indicators and supplementarily, analogs.

Agreed, A/C is still being used pretty much daily here.

People have adjusted to the new normal and now think a bit above normal (and that being compared to the warmest 30 year period on record mind you) is actually a bit cool.

days are already getting shorter! I'll be happy come September but for now I'm happy as long as rain and humidity stay away. Welcome back yanks how about wednesday

You just gotta enjoy this great weather, especially the nice clear days and pretty low humidity we've been having. Like Isotherm's post said, we have until August for Astronomical Summer to come to it's half way point.

Perfect month for cooling sea breezes and very little rain near the shore.

Gilgo Beach only has 4 days above 80 this month with 1.73" of rain.

..almost too much in regard to cooling sea breezes..yesterdays' ESE was almost too much.

but,hey,i'm not bitchin'.

..almost too much in regard to cooling sea breezes..yesterdays' ESE was almost too much.

but,hey,i'm not bitchin'.

Yeah, this is a very active June for strong sea breezes along the South Shore since 2010.

Gilgo Beach June number of 80 degree days and monthly max:

2016...4...87...so far

Archived