joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 Discussions/Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow-parts of the area are 8-10 inches below this year?    I knew it was dry, but that is incredibly dry for 6 months.   If we get some heat, the dry ground will certainly add a few degrees to it.

It's rained a lot lately here. Not so much in the last week or so but quite a bit before that. The problem is that we were bone dry here for the first half of Spring so we have a lot of ground to make up. When you're dry during the statistically wettest period of the year that causes problems.

It's okay though, nature always has a way of balancing itself out. I'm sure we'll be dealing with multiple tropical systems this year.

It's rained a lot lately here. Not so much in the last week or so but quite a bit before that. The problem is that we were bone dry here for the first half of Spring so we have a lot of ground to make up. When you're dry during the statistically wettest period of the year that causes problems.

It's okay though, nature always has a way of balancing itself out. I'm sure we'll be dealing with multiple tropical systems this year.

We had close to 4 inches here b/w Memorial day and the following Sunday-other than that, it has been bone dry. 

It scoots east on Monday with SW winds and 16-17C 850's and 588 dm heights.

That would translate into at least low 90's with the potential for mid 90's in the warmest spots.

That's for Monday. I was referring to this weekend with the backdoor. Also, the trend is back towards a more amplified system so we'll have to see if that trend continues. It doesn't have produce rain over the area to influence the area with Easterly winds. 

All eyes on the 12z Euro as the UKMET cancelled the Monday and Tuesday warm up like the 12z CMC.

Both the heat and rainfall fans get shafted as the UL cuts off too far south for much rain but enough

for more onshore flow and cooler temps.

Let's see if the trend continues further and the rain comes further North. The GGEM has the ULL on top of us early next week.

gem_mslp_pcpn_neus_22.png

gem_T2m_neus_22.png

If the 12Z Euro looses the 90's heat it was showing in NJ on Monday, then we'll know that the UK and CMC are onto something.

Euro says bye bye to the 90's and to the heat for that matter. NYC is sitting in only the upper 60's at 21z with an easterly flow and low level clouds locked in with ULL just offshore. It even has close to an inch of rain for parts of Long Island.

Archived