joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 Discussions/Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you folks ready for the heat to put on hold until 6/27. It is a 2 1/2 to weeks away. July might be an inferno if the blocking ever weakens further. One of my thoughts is NYC could be the furthest northeast the big heat ever makes it this summer. I strongly feel this. We have a 2009 blank sun!!!

http://www.spaceweather.com/ Welcome to the next Maunder Minimum. This could be a multi decadal blank sun period. "Little ice age II"

Are you folks ready for the heat to put on hold until 6/27. It is a 2 1/2 to weeks away. July might be an inferno if the blocking ever weakens further. One of my thoughts is NYC could be the furthest northeast the big heat ever makes it this summer. I strongly feel this.

Based on Don's analysis it looks like accuweathers long range forecasts are based on strong feelings too.

Just had a heavy shower roll through here west to east with gusty winds.

I was in western MA yesterday afternoon and all of a sudden it got really dark and noisy.  We walked outside and there was an insanely dark rotating shelf cloud with mini funnels dropping out of it and the wind up high was roaring.  It faded as it moved towards the higher terrain of the Berkshires but was really trying to get its act together for a few minutes.  Really cool...

A -4SD 500 mb low combined with rain-cooled air let NYC get within 5 degrees of the record low.

MINIMUM 52 156 PM 47 1932 61 -9 

attachicon.gif500H-3.gif

the temp dropped to 52 but rebounded to 54 the last hour...

A -4SD 500 mb low combined with rain-cooled air let NYC get within 5 degrees of the record low.

MINIMUM 52 156 PM 47 1932 61 -9 

attachicon.gif500H-3.gif

it got a little colder than I thought it would...it has to get into the upper 40's tomorrow morning to tie the record...

the temp dropped to 52 but rebounded to 54 the last hour...

it got a little colder than I thought it would...it has to get into the upper 40's tomorrow morning to tie the record...

Really impressive volatility with the 500 mb pattern to go from a 588 DM ridge on May 28th and a record

high at Newark of 96 to this.

Archived