• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
WxWatcher007

May 2016 Obs/Disco

Hope this tropical action on the GFS doesn't come to fruition and we bake through next Friday.  My OC MD conference is the closes thing I've had to a vacation in the past 5 years.  

Not me. As somebody who recently retired I cannot count how many rounds of golf have been rained out since the end of April (like Saturday and Yesterday) or when I do play being subject to a lot of "plugged" shots. One of our courses is Zoysia and I think that just won't dry until we get the sunny and 90 degrees. 

Not for me.  I got lots done outside this weekend, and enjoyed every second of it.  No sweat, no pollen, no bugs.  Only thing I couldn't do was mow, and I suppose if we'd had an outdoor eating event that would've been difficult unless you had a shelter (but I'd greatly prefer that than 90F sweat-bath, which I'll get the great displeasure of experiencing multiple times this coming weekend).

anyone who prefers rain and 50s over 80s and sunny doesn't play sports outside.  not a big fan of having tennis and basketball courts covered...fields too soggy to play on...not to mention the little things like taking the top of my jeep.  also, not ideal picnic/grilling weather.  oh, and pools are kinda better when it's 80s and sunny too.  beaches?  those too.  oh...and shorts and tshirts > jeans, long sleeve, rain coat.    

i like rain...and sometimes love rain...when it's in the form of warm/sunny, late afternoon thunderstorms, back to dry.

this week's weather forecast looks absolutely amazing compared the previous month.

Hope this tropical action on the GFS doesn't come to fruition and we bake through next Friday. My OC MD conference is the closes thing I've had to a vacation in the past 5 years.

Still not sold on tropical action, but anything that develops looks to be weak. Total guess as to what an eventual track would be.

anyone who prefers rain and 50s over 80s and sunny doesn't play sports outside.  not a big fan of having tennis and basketball courts covered...fields too soggy to play on...not to mention the little things like taking the top of my jeep.  also, not ideal picnic/grilling weather.  oh, and pools are kinda better when it's 80s and sunny too.  beaches?  those too.  oh...and shorts and tshirts > jeans, long sleeve, rain coat.    

i like rain...and sometimes love rain...when it's in the form of warm/sunny, late afternoon thunderstorms, back to dry.

this week's weather forecast looks absolutely amazing compared the previous month.

Play your basketball indoors; you're knees will thank you later.

I grilled Saturday evening, with no problems.... and no sweat, pollen, or bugs either.

And pools don't open til Memorial Day weekend, anyway..... :P

Well that was a fun drive down to Calvert County and back yesterday -- death by heavy drizzle the whole way, both ways.  Even with the wipers on high, the windshield is instantly covered by tiny drops.  I woulda rather have had big drop hard rain.  But hey the crab cakes my mom made were great!

Man am I happy to see a little sun today - I got a couple butterfly bushes and a bunch of zinnias to plant.  Gonna be some muddy work LOL.

Ended up with 0.9 for the weekend; at 4.6 for the month.  Up to 70 now!

You can definitely tell a different airmass has moved in. The sky looks tropical. I've got a big ole tower just to my SW. It's nice to see a summer sky.

Party cloudy with a temp of 73. Tomatoe plants are already looking better.

Summer is about to spring upon the Washington Metropolitan Region. Its straight out of the late March conditions, into the proverbial fire as a strong Bermuda high sets up shop in the western Atlantic. We will be fully exposed to low 90s/near low 70s dewpoints. This is going to set up a banner Memorial Day Weekend and I expect the beaches to be overcrowded with folks desperate for relief. The last three weeks will be a fast fading memory by June 1 as summer weather takes hold on the Mid Atlantic well into October with this rapidly developing La Nina. We're going to burn up and blow away.

I'll be perfectly miserable. ugh

Looks like we need to be rooting for the Euro over the GFS this weekend.  The GFS brings the weak coastal storm in more quickly.  Not a ton of precip, but when you have an ESE wind at 40mph at 925mb, that just screams dank.

Looks like we need to be rooting for the Euro over the GFS this weekend.  The GFS brings the weak coastal storm in more quickly.  Not a ton of precip, but when you have an ESE wind at 40mph at 925mb, that just screams dank.

Oy, so much for the warmup.

A buddy of mine just posted a picture of hail in Red Lion, PA. It looked like snow on the ground. It completely destroyed his garden. These slow moving storm mean business. Weird seeing storms coming from the NE.

5/1: 1.33"

5/2: 2.65"

5/3: 0.52"

5/4: 0.08"

5/5: 0.01"

5/6: 1.36"

5/7: 0.20"

5/8: 0.02"

5/9: 0.11"

5/10: 0.07"

5/11: 0.14"

5/13: 0.04"

5/14: 0.15"

5/17: 0.53"

5/21: 2.00"

5/22 0.46"

5/23: 0.69"

Total: 10.36"

Still haven't run my A/C yet either- I don't think it's ever been this late before running it.