5/10: 0.07"

5/11: 0.14"

5/13: 0.04"

5/14: 0.15"

5/17: 0.53"

5/21: 2.00"

5/22 0.14" (and counting)

Total: 9.35"

The rainiest month IMBY since I moved here was June 2015 at 12.52" - that's my goal to beat!

At least this wx is on the weekend. Things looking much better tuesday and beyond. Looking nice for the blue angels tue/wed in annapolis.

Another beautiful London/Seattle spring day today.

Glad I mowed on Friday

Same! This anomaly can't last too much longer. Enjoy it while it lasts Amwx doom and gloomers!

Still light rain/mist here.

57. Looks like heavier/steady rain may be on the way.

Growing and blooming explosion once we get 80's and sun.

This. My front garden is filled w perennials that bloom late spring thru summer. They're growing like crazy and ready to put on a color show once the sun returns.

I'm at a conference in Ocean City, MD the Tuesday -> Friday after Memorial Day. Hoping we torch.

The radar reminds me of the big snowstorm over the winter. Hitting everywhere but AA county.

Don't remind me of that. Those were the worse hours of my life lol. I agree tho.

Dry for now here in AA County. 1.20" since the start yesterday.

Don't remind me of that. Those were the worse hours of my life lol. I agree tho.

I'm not sure I'm even at 0.5" yet.

It was worse over here. Dry slot from hell. I basically had half of a an epic storm. Which made it not so epic.

It was worse over here. Dry slot from hell. I basically had half of a an epic storm. Which made it not so epic.

Yeah, I was on the edge of that. I was lucky though. I made it back into the heavy snow. I went from 15" to 22" in about 4 hours that afternoon. Sorry.. back on topic. Looks like the rain is moving back in. I can see the steam coming off my hot smoker (bacon wrapped pork roast stuffed with sausage stuffing). Temp 58

Yeah, I was on the edge of that. I was lucky though. I made it back into the heavy snow. I went from 15" to 22" in about 4 hours that afternoon. Sorry.. back on topic. Looks like the rain is moving back in. I can see the steam coming off my hot smoker (bacon wrapped pork roast stuffed with sausage stuffing). Temp 58

I ended up with 15" as I never got back into it(deform band collapsed and died as it moved east).

But yeah, looks pretty crappy till Tuesday, then we dry out and heat up. I honestly cannot wait. And way to make me salivate. Sounds yum.

I ended up with 15" as I never got back into it(deform band collapsed and died as it moved east).

But yeah, looks pretty crappy till Tuesday, then we dry out and heat up. I honestly cannot wait. And way to make me salivate. Sounds yum.

That's a heart breaker. I had that sinking feeling watching the band just sit there. I know it would eventually collapse. I was so happy when it started to push east. It was a nail biter. Once visibility dropped below a quarter mile, I was dancing in the snow lol. That was the funnest part of the storm for me. It died out about 10 miles to my east. Sounds like you got shafted. Sorry, bro. That's the worse.

Back to a steady moderate rain. Temp still holding at 56. If it's going to be cruddy. Might as well actually rain. I don't mind this kinda weather.

5/1:   .44

5/2:   .21

5/3:   .47

5/4:   .16

5/5:   .15

5/6:   .59

5/7:   .03

5/8    .12

5/9:   .09

5/10: .28

5/11: .09

5/12: .03

5/13: .11

5/14: .21

5/17: .18

5/21: .73

5/22: .51

Total:   4.40"

Broke 4".  Steady light rain pretty much all day, Not often we get an over-performer, but today was one of them.  Fantastic weekend.  Hi today of 54F on May 22.  This will all feel like a heavenly dream in a couple days as the months of endless swelter begins.   

5/1: .44

5/2: .21

5/3: .47

5/4: .16

5/5: .15

5/6: .59

5/7: .03

5/8 .12

5/9: .09

5/10: .28

5/11: .09

5/12: .03

5/13: .11

5/14: .21

5/17: .18

5/21: .73

5/22: .51

Total: 4.40"

Broke 4". Steady light rain pretty much all day, Not often we get an over-performer, but today was one of them. Fantastic weekend. Hi today of 54F on May 22. This will all feel like a heavenly dream in a couple days as the months of endless swelter begins.

90 degrees or 54 and rain has the same net impact. Either way you are not outside enjoying the 54 and pouring rain anymore than you would the 90 and heat (assuming you find that heat intolerable). Both of these weather patterns have the same impact in confining you largely to the indoors. If being largely confined to the indoors is agreeable then the inevitable torch should have little impact to life as usual. I don't mind an occasional chilly or rainy day to break things up a little but for me the past month has effectively shut down all of our planned outdoor activities. Sporting events cancelled, outdoor parties brought indoors and another cancelled, home repairs postponed indefinitely, and the list goes on.

18z GFS brings a weak tropical system our way Day 9-10. 

Guidance has been all over the place on this critter. Not surprising though given how far out we are. I'm close to tracking this thing longer than all of the snow events this past winter, blizzard included. 

90 degrees or 54 and rain has the same net impact. Either way you are not outside enjoying the 54 and pouring rain anymore than you would the 90 and heat (assuming you find that heat intolerable). Both of these weather patterns have the same impact in confining you largely to the indoors. If being largely confined to the indoors is agreeable then the inevitable torch should have little impact to life as usual. I don't mind an occasional chilly or rainy day to break things up a little but for me the past month has effectively shut down all of our planned outdoor activities. Sporting events cancelled, outdoor parties brought indoors and another cancelled, home repairs postponed indefinitely, and the list goes on.

Not for me.  I got lots done outside this weekend, and enjoyed every second of it.  No sweat, no pollen, no bugs.  Only thing I couldn't do was mow, and I suppose if we'd had an outdoor eating event that would've been difficult unless you had a shelter (but I'd greatly prefer that than 90F sweat-bath, which I'll get the great displeasure of experiencing multiple times this coming weekend).

0.71" this morning, three day total or 1.89" and 6.77" for the month. Someone just south of Waldorf and LaPlata got a pretty solid rain overnight and early this morning. The heavier bands stayed just to my south.

Not for me.  I got lots done outside this weekend, and enjoyed every second of it.  No sweat, no pollen, no bugs.  Only thing I couldn't do was mow, and I suppose if we'd had an outdoor eating event that would've been difficult unless you had a shelter (but I'd greatly prefer that than 90F sweat-bath, which I'll get the great displeasure of experiencing multiple times this coming weekend).

Agree, been a fantastic month in my book. Payback for last year's 'roaster' of +5 to +7 across the area.

This is and has been one of the worst weather patterns that I can remember.

I mean, I like rain, but that was one memorable stretch.  Welcome back sun. 

I mean, I like rain, but that was one memorable stretch. Welcome back sun.

I agree. It's not the rain i mind. It's the days and days of boring cloudy and 55 that got to me. Sun is breaking out now. Hopefully we can poo a few thundershowers later on. I'm always game for some thunder ;)

Party to mostly cloudy with a temp of 58.