• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
WxWatcher007

May 2016 Obs/Disco

LOL just looked at the updated forecast with showers all day tomorrow and probably most of Monday too (when I have the day off).  I've never been so far behind with my gardening!  Maybe I'll move to Scotland for more sun.

Maybe I'll move to Scotland for more sun.

Aye, laddie!  Come back to the auld country, enjoy a wee bit of haggis and a few drams of whiskey! ; )

Seriously, what a miserable day.  At least the heavy stuff moved out more quickly and there were "only" some very light showers this afternoon.  I'm up for warmer weather and sun, but don't care to jump right up into the 90s just yet.  That will happen soon enough.

I don't recall such a rainy/cool pattern for May for this long. We've basically wasted a month of warm weather. Hopefully the tide turns. The last time I took the top off my jeep was in March. I like rain and all but prefer them being of the afternoon storms variety. This type of weather reminds me of November where all day cloudy/rainy events are more common.

I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVIN THIS WEATHER!!!!!!!

I love these battleship gray skies with rain and drizzle and cool jebwalk weather.

I hope it does this ALL SUMMER LONG!

You should read James Hansen's report https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/07/20/the-worlds-most-famous-climate-scientist-just-outlined-an-alarming-scenario-for-our-planets-future/

Hansen's paper is PEER REVIEWED and has been published in a scientific journal.

I think we may already be beginning to see some of the results of changes in the ocean currents.

We haven't seen nothin' yet. Bring it the hell ON!!!!!!!

The rain keeps putting out all the candles on my birthday cake. :(

Happy birthday old man :)

Had .73", mostly pre-dawn.  The day has seen no rain at all, but it's cloudy and comfortable.

10 / 10

1 month until the days start getting shorter!

I hate you :P 

I had 1.07" at my house today. The Eastern Shore had some really heavy rain late this morning while I was driving through. I'd estimate nearly 2" fell in spots.

I had 1.07" at my house today. The Eastern Shore had some really heavy rain late this morning while I was driving through. I'd estimate nearly 2" fell in spots.

0.9" here, and looking at the 48 hour rainfall data from NWS, south and east of I-95 and much of the eastern shore received up to an inch. Some spotty 1.5" amounts over in southern DE. Pretty uniform half to one inch event everywhere else in the region.

0.9" here, and looking at the 48 hour rainfall data from NWS, south and east of I-95 and much of the eastern shore received up to an inch. Some spotty 1.5" amounts over in southern DE. Pretty uniform half to one inch event everywhere else in the region.

Oh, ok. Thanks. It must of just seemed like more since it was following me over there. Another nice day here in Seattle. Low cloud, foggy, drizzle and looks like light rain developing. I can believe I'm going to say this, but, bring on the heat next week.

5/1:   .44

5/2:   .21

5/3:   .47

5/4:   .16

5/5:   .15

5/6:   .59

5/7:   .03

5/8    .12

5/9:   .09

5/10: .28

5/11: .09

5/12: .03

5/13: .11

5/14: .21

5/17: .18

5/21: .73

Total:   3.89"

Best May of my lifetime, and I still might not be able to break 4".  Pretty remarkable really.  At least everything is a beautiful, lush green.  Take a picture of it now, because the wilting begins by Wednesday.. 

Oh, ok. Thanks. It must of just seemed like more since it was following me over there. Another nice day here in Seattle. Low cloud, foggy, drizzle and looks like light rain developing. I can believe I'm going to say this, but, bring on the heat next week.

Oh I am so ready. Its gross out there and moderate showers are again moving through this morning.

5/1:   .44

5/2:   .21

5/3:   .47

5/4:   .16

5/5:   .15

5/6:   .59

5/7:   .03

5/8    .12

5/9:   .09

5/10: .28

5/11: .09

5/12: .03

5/13: .11

5/14: .21

5/17: .18

5/21: .73

Total:   3.89"

Best May of my lifetime, and I still might not be able to break 4".  Pretty remarkable really.  At least everything is a beautiful, lush green.  Take a picture of it now, because the wilting begins by Wednesday.. 

Just broke 5" here with the ongoing showers. I bet my grass will still be brown and crispy in 6 weeks.

This is great. It finds any possible way to RAIN. How many times does an upper low form in Pa then sink thru the region? I know amounts over the past 30 days have not been spectacular, but the presence of clouds and showery conditions is a head scratcher. We will PAY for this dearly, Im afraid.