• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

That line west of you is like not even moving. Looks like Hawkeye is under it.

The early isolated storms left a tail down through Iowa City.  The tail re-fired and is dumping on the same narrow area.  I am well northwest of the storms and the line is showing no sign of moving.  I will likely just get some general rain again.  There have been some decent storms and downpours this week, but it has been too isolated.  Each day, most locations get little.  I got hit one day this week, so my rain total is around an inch.  Cyclone has been missed every day.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, this week's one big fail to be sure for this area.  Heavy rains in eastern Iowa are crapping out, and nothing really upstream either except a few showers.  Decent chance for storms tomorrow afternoon, but I ain't gonna hold my breath lol.  

Man, with all of the rain to my west, it's hard to believe that you got bypassed. Out here, we had a great week of highs around 80 every day, with the dews behaving for the most part.

Even though my point forecast from last weekend had rain every day from Tuesday on, my total - Trace.

Very nice day here, with temps in the low 80s and dews near 60.  

Shot a time lapse with the DSLR this evening to see how good the quality would be.  Looked great on my pc, but youtube degraded the crap out of it after uploading.  Especially the first 6-10 seconds.  Very disappointing.  Really no point in shooting DSLR time lapses if the quality gets degraded this much.  I see very high quality time lapses on youtube all the time, so obviously it's possible.  Must be in how they encode it through the editing process that makes it more compatible with youtube?  

Anyway, here's a short time lapse of some weak convection crapping out as the sun went down earlier...

Very nice day here, with temps in the low 80s and dews near 60.  

Shot a time lapse with the DSLR this evening to see how good the quality would be.  Looked great on my pc, but youtube degraded the crap out of it after uploading.  Especially the first 6-10 seconds.  Very disappointing.  Really no point in shooting DSLR time lapses if the quality gets degraded this much.  I see very high quality time lapses on youtube all the time, so obviously it's possible.  Must be in how they encode it through the editing process that makes it more compatible with youtube?  

Anyway, here's a short time lapse of some weak convection crapping out as the sun went down earlier...

Have you tried uploading to Vimeo instead?

Nice video, cyclone!

Up until the 24th, I had only received .45" for the month. The past 6 days I've gotten 4.1".
The woods are so thick and lush. The bugs are on another level. Thankfully 99% deet works pretty good, except for this one biting bug I've never seen that aparantly freebases it. Was a mild 49 this morning, about 3 degrees above normal.

What a difference 49 days makes!

Nice video, cyclone!

Up until the 24th, I had only received .45" for the month. The past 6 days I've gotten 4.1".

The woods are so thick and lush. The bugs are on another level. Thankfully 99% deet works pretty good, except for this one biting bug I've never seen that aparantly freebases it. Was a mild 49 this morning, about 3 degrees above normal.

What a difference 49 days makes!

attachicon.gifDSC00468.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4876.JPG

Wow, that's a hell of a change in <50 days.  One thing is for certain, the plant life up there wastes little time once the snow melts, and the warmer air moves in.  I'm guessing the rate of growth is much quicker up there than down here.  

Wow, that's a hell of a change in <50 days.  One thing is for certain, the plant life up there wastes little time once the snow melts, and the warmer air moves in.  I'm guessing the rate of growth is much quicker up there than down here.  

The snow pic was April 11th, after 12 days and 54" of snow. 

The green up was slow until bout 2 weeks ago, and then it was like the flip of a switch and watching a time lapse green up in real time.

Archived