Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2016/2017 because its never too early

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You can have cold with rain....are you kidding?

your replies are incongruent, entirely, wrt that hypothetical stuff I wrote about.

which was about the SST anomalies in the ENSO (like, Hemispheric scope/effecting ;) ) having different physical influence on the system in a warmer world than they do even 50 years ago - expanding ( a little ) upon the gradient between the sea and air and air and air is what drives the engine of the atmosphere. 

which has nothing to do with cold in rain - not sure where that is coming from.  

is it possible there are two discussion streams being confused here -

Signs of an early winter showing up on the models finally.  Towards the beginning of November GFS shows a monster clipper and monster trough swinging through the Great Lakes into the Northeast with a monster deep 850mb temps, -10C or colder showing up over the central Great Lakes.  Folks if this becomes more consistent, then November could be a cold month.

12 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Signs of an early winter showing up on the models finally.  Towards the beginning of November GFS shows a monster clipper and monster trough swinging through the Great Lakes into the Northeast with a monster deep 850mb temps, -10C or colder showing up over the central Great Lakes.  Folks if this becomes more consistent, then November could be a cold month.

Monster extrapolation? Last I checked my d16 GFS only goes out to 10/29.

I don't think the Northern New England folks should cry about not getting snow the last few years.  I think they should let SNE get in on the action, especially places where we haven't seen much of it except for the 04-05 winter and the 14-15 winter.  Those years we got 98" and 75" respectively here in Harwich, otherwise we haven't had many above average snowfall winters in the last 27 years.  For crying out loud, if Northern New Englanders don't get 150" it is a crying shame.  Sorry end of rant.  You know I am right about this.

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I don't think the Northern New England folks should cry about not getting snow the last few years.  I think they should let SNE get in on the action, especially places where we haven't seen much of it except for the 04-05 winter and the 14-15 winter.  Those years we got 98" and 75" respectively here in Harwich, otherwise we haven't had many above average snowfall winters in the last 27 years.  For crying out loud, if Northern New Englanders don't get 150" it is a crying shame.  Sorry end of rant.  You know I am right about this.

The Cape has had 4 consecutive above average snowfall winters.

If you think anything other than '04-'05 and '14-'15 are not good snow years on the Cape, then you don't know your own climo.

Above average fine, yes, but nothing like 04-05 or 14-15 winters Will.  Those were way above average, and my average winter snowfall amounts are near 30-32" per winter, while the Northern New England climo for snowfall is something near 100-150" of snow, can't we bask in our glory years for once without someone complaining about our latest seasonal snowfalls.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Above average fine, yes, but nothing like 04-05 or 14-15 winters Will.  Those were way above average, and my average winter snowfall amounts are near 30-32" per winter, while the Northern New England climo for snowfall is something near 100-150" of snow, can't we bask in our glory years for once without someone complaining about our latest seasonal snowfalls.

You'd be complaining too if you had near-record low snowfall...lol.

I would be happy if Northern New England got a blizzard this year and dumped more than 50" of snowfall on them, but I would want the same given to me, that is human nature of us enthusiasts.  Ray would love to see a storm like that, all of us in SNE would love to see a snow like that, no matter the physical trouble it might bring.

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I would be happy if Northern New England got a blizzard this year and dumped more than 50" of snowfall on them, but I would want the same given to me, that is human nature of us enthusiasts.  Ray would love to see a storm like that, all of us in SNE would love to see a snow like that, no matter the physical trouble it might bring.

To be honest I hope those big red "L"s track NW of your fanny all winter. 

38 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I'm sure you would Dendrite, you never liked my personality and that is a shame.  Oh well can't make everyone happy.  I bet you were happy when I said that a blizzard was coming in 2015.

I have nothing against you personally. We'd probably get along in person. But we've always had a consistently good balance of legit science and weenie on this forum and to be honest you lean excessively on the weenie side. Sometimes you and Kevin need to be reeled in when you get carried away. I feel like you throw a lot of wishcasts out there and just pad it with some vague science here and there. As for 2015, that would be a negative. I don't view any of your calls as having skill.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks slightly more ideal for powderfreak. A lot of those are almost over BOS to just east of PWM. If I'm dendrite, I think I want canal cutters.

Yeah tough call. I don't want all of my snow to be deformation...a CCB here and there would be nice. Some of those BOS tracks scream the usual Tip-Dom screwzone.

Archived