SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 9, 2016 Snow/Rain obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's snowing leaflets. Monstrous flakes.

I grew up in T-ville in the 60s/70s, graduating WTHS in 1980.  We usually got shafted vs. the "northern and western suburbs" but doesn't seem as much the past few years with some South Jersey specials.  Anyway, my guess is the NJ temp map shows where it's snowing heavily, like near you and throughout Chester, Delaware, Gloucester, and Camden counties, at least, with temps in the 32-35F range, as opposed to my light rain and 39F up here in the Edison area (it's over 35F almost everywhere north of 195).  

temperature720.png

I grew up in T-ville in the 60s/70s, graduating WTHS in 1980.  We usually got shafted vs. the "northern and western suburbs" but doesn't seem as much the past few years with some South Jersey specials.  Anyway, my guess is the NJ temp map shows where it's snowing heavily, like near you and throughout Chester, Delaware, Gloucester, and Camden counties, at least, with temps in the 32-35F range, as opposed to my light rain and 39F up here in the Edison area (it's over 35F almost everywhere north of 195).  

temperature720.png

Yup. Central NJ is in the only warm pocket in the whole region lol

Check it out Rob - a very dense snow pile.

(No, there isn't any water in the garden hose).

2.6" here so far, still light + snow, finer flakes, 34F.

attachicon.gifSnow-4-09-16-C.jpg

Damn you did good! 

How many times have you made out well since the blizzard must be several storms the southern tier of this forum by my estimate have seen all the luck you guys must be 40" for the season

.5" slurpee on the grass here my ass is sore from trying to kick the football the last 6 weeks enough already!

33.3F

Damn you did good! 

How many times have you made out well since the blizzard must be several storms the southern tier of this forum by my estimate have seen all the luck you guys must be 40" for the season

.5" slurpee on the grass here my ass is sore from trying to kick the football the last 6 weeks enough already!

33.3F

Yes, pleasantly surprised! 3.0" so far, still snowing moderately, 34F. It's been maybe 3 times since the blizzard we've done well down here, the season total is now 34.1", 13.3" of that since the blizzard. At least the total is above what I'd consider average for here (a little over 30").

Yes, pleasantly surprised! 3.0" so far, still snowing moderately, 34F. It's been maybe 3 times since the blizzard we've done well down here, the season total is now 34.1", 13.3" of that since the blizzard. At least the total is above what I'd consider average for here (a little over 30").

radar has been very favorable in your area the entire event.

I was wondering how much may fallen in some the higher terrain of northern delco.

radar has been very favorable in your area the entire event.

I was wondering how much may fallen in some the higher terrain of northern delco.

We're at 375' here, Blackhound is over 400' I believe, but farther north in Delco I'm not sure who posts here. Somewhere around Wayne, PA is over 500'.

We're at 375' here, Blackhound is over 400' I believe, but farther north in Delco I'm not sure who posts here. Somewhere around Wayne, PA is over 500'.

We have 3.25 inches so far and still coming down steadily. Really a nice surprise. And yes, we definitely have elevation over on this side of Glen Mills!

Archived