SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 9, 2016 Snow/Rain obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.0" on the snowboard (picnic table), but only about an inch left in the grass.    Some light drizzle and up to 36.0.

Always a little sad to see winter's pathetic last gasp.    This was a fitting end to a winter that except for the one storm 

underperformed.    Now on to the misery otherwise known as summer.

When I made my last post, there was about 1/2" on the cold surfaces (eg fence posts and walls).  After the last burst, with alot of fog taking vis down to about 1/2 mile, there was another 1/2" laid down.

Currently SN- + fog. Temp 34F. Winds light out of the NW.  Nothing sticking on the streets or walks although I'm concerned that it'll all freeze up overnight.

awful imop.

I would have expected at a min 3 or 4 inches when looking at the model runs in your area.

whats your elevation?

approx 565' 

Just guessing I would say around .12" or so liquid  :lol: horrendous performance on all models outside the euro, even that ended up two wet.

Special award for futility to this mornings RGEM and it's .50-.75"  :poster_oops:

approx 565' 

Just guessing I would say around .12" or so liquid  :lol: horrendous performance on all models outside the euro, even that ended up two wet.

Special award for futility to this mornings RGEM and it's .50-.75"  :poster_oops:

Iverted trofs are good at outsmarting models. and always have been.  The amounts, placements and shape of the precip shield were wrong on almost all models. Glad mount holly played it well. LWX would have had to cancel a lot of winter storm warnings.

Agreed Iceman I can only report 2.0" on the white snowboard....I did find 4" on the grass in spots but I can't report grass totals....blades prop it up too much,

Either way we ended up with almost 41" of snow so about 4.5" above normal for our area....while a non-winter we somehow managed above normal snowfall with the big contribution of the January blizzard

Me thinks a relatively hot summer is on the way.....one early call I have for next winter is a much colder Christmas season....how's that for an easy forecast?

2.0" on the snowboard (picnic table), but only about an inch left in the grass.    Some light drizzle and up to 36.0.

Always a little sad to see winter's pathetic last gasp.    This was a fitting end to a winter that except for the one storm 

underperformed.    Now on to the misery otherwise known as summer.

2" on the car top.  (white paint)  Grass not worth mentioning, eyeballing 1.5" but the way the grass sticks up it's impossible to tell for sure.  If I had a snowboard I'd be guessing 2".  The grass in my yard is long so I think it picks up a little solar energy and actually melts the snow better than the car top or a white snowboard would do.  (plus the ground is warm)  In the shady part of my driveway a coating developed before it stopped.  I guess the better precip amounts were further south of me, correct?

2" on the car top.  (white paint)  Grass not worth mentioning, eyeballing 1.5" but the way the grass sticks up it's impossible to tell for sure.  If I had a snowboard I'd be guessing 2".  The grass in my yard is long so I think it picks up a little solar energy and actually melts the snow better than the car top or a white snowboard would do.  (plus the ground is warm)  In the shady part of my driveway a coating developed before it stopped.  I guess the better precip amounts were further south of me, correct?

Calling it 3.1" total here on top of the car. And this is why I like to have the grass short before a snow :-) (mowed the front yesterday afternoon). Not that it matters that much in April, most of it will melt tomorrow. I did enjoy the snow today, even as I'm liking the warmer weather forecast for later this week...still ready for spring here!

post-9898-0-72874900-1460260535_thumb.jp

Calling it 3.1" total here on top of the car. And this is why I like to have the grass short before a snow :-) (mowed the front yesterday afternoon). Not that it matters that much in April, most of it will melt tomorrow. I did enjoy the snow today, even as I'm liking the warmer weather forecast for later this week...still ready for spring here!

Snow-total-4-09-16.jpg

That would have been 10 inches of rodent snow in january. You can almost see water in the snow

Archived