SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
4/9/16 Snow Event (N&W)

anthonyweather

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now people are hitting me up on FB asking about the "6-10" we are supposed to get. C'mon, guys. We are better than this. We are the voice of reason between silly modeling snowfall map outputs showing 10:1 ratios and the fact it will be snowing during the daytime, with temps above freezing in most cases and an April 9th sun angle to deal with. Let's show those that trustr us we know better.

I don't think anyone has said they're expecting 6-10" and what does your Facebook friend hitting you up saying that have to do with this board? We're just discussing what the model shows and a ten inch print out even at 5:1 which is pretty conservative is still a respectable event for the area.

I don't think anyone has said they're expecting 6-10" and what does your Facebook friend hitting you up saying that have to do with this board? We're just discussing what the model shows and a ten inch print out even at 5:1 which is pretty conservative is still a respectable event for the area.

What model print out shows 10" at 5:1 ratio???

0z NAM out to 12, need to halt the south trend

Yeah seriously...what's up with that big right turn out in central/western PA? I don't know if I've ever seen a snow swath like that. Any farther south and I'll be seeing nothing but cirrus clouds all day...

Amazing. You would think with climatology this thing would tick North given the time of year. Instead it trends South lol.

I been thinking the same thing. This has to be 5 or 6 short term threats pulled away from us since late February, you would think something would break our way

*** the last clipper ticked north and smacked New England lol

NAM/GFS/RGEM continue to focus on W burbs of Philly as the small area that could see significant snow. Even if I don't see a flake tomorrow in NE Philly I am really interested/excited to see if someone in our region can see a crazy surprise. Would love to see a small local somehow get like 8-12" lol

Yeah seriously...what's up with that big right turn out in central/western PA? I don't know if I've ever seen a snow swath like that. Any farther south and I'll be seeing nothing but cirrus clouds all day...

The amplitude of the trough is ridiculous as the system rockets east off the coast then due north and strikes Newfoundland lol

It is all about rates folks with this one. The images I just posted speak volumes. If you want snow tomorrow pray the deformation/norlun band sets up over your house. Someone is going to get lucky & someone is going to get hella screwed

You are right, it is all about rates, but those crazy rates are tied to convection and therefore will NOT be for around for a majority of the event. A large portion of QPF will fall at light to moderate rates which will equate to white rain (again, IMO).

GFS is amazingly consistent with a small blob that will give somebody somewhere warning level snow

Yep, most likely someone in Chester/Lancaster county....going to be fun even tohugh I'll be watching from the sidelines. Here in NE Philly It'll be a win in my books if we can somehow muster an inch 

Archived