SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has some light snow Sunday night and Monday for part of the region. NGP has snow to rain to snow from Monday-early Tuesday. CMC is an all snow event it appears from midday Sunday thru early Tuesday. Coldest air of the season is on the way. Active pattern coming up and very cold. And nary a post?? I know this group wakes up in the winter but hey guys....WAKE UP! It's time!

1 hour ago, Redmorninglight said:

Not expecting snow down here until the major cold comes next week. Maybe a clipper can hit the warm coastal waters and give us a surprise. Would love to see cold air hang on through the holiday week. Been a while. 

Indeed. I'll say since 2010. In that year from the 14th through the 27th didn't have daily max. above 39F and even had three days 31F or lower. Of course that stretch ended with that amazing 15.2" snowfall the 26th-27th. We can hope can't we?

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS has some light snow Sunday night and Monday for part of the region. NGP has snow to rain to snow from Monday-early Tuesday. CMC is an all snow event it appears from midday Sunday thru early Tuesday. Coldest air of the season is on the way. Active pattern coming up and very cold. And nary a post?? I know this group wakes up in the winter but hey guys....WAKE UP! It's time!

First bonafide winter threat in the medium range now for Monday. Too early to call it all rides on the strength of the low to the west. Was it LC that coined the phrase "low's to the west of us never get the best of us" ? I dunno it could have been weather world.

Receiving this magnitude of cold air arriving this early in the season makes me nervous. In 2005 we had the coldest three weeks of pre Christmas cold I ever witnessed, then the broiler kicked on until late January. Kinda like that LC forecast of yours...

Stinking euro trash model that scores so well yet slaughtered us the second half of last winter with medium range threats that vanished. If you like snow don't trust the euro past 72hrs. Yeah yeah there is still time to get a colder solution but odds are against it.

Lucy is back and she been working out

Archived