joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing (relative) storm last night, total overperformer. Most outlets said South of LV would struggle to see a flake. Many places received light accums in actuality. I dont even think I had any plain rain here. It started as sleet, went to graupel, the full fledged wet snow flakes. Good stuff and glad it happened in November and not October. Here's hoping for a great winter season!

1 hour ago, Bacon Strips said:

Since it was around 60 yesterday afternoon..

only around an inch on the road , but on colder surfaces around 5" to 6"

bh4Alj.jpg

Wow.  Congrats.  I had heard forecasts for isolated 12" in higher elevations of spots north of here.  Was the event all snow or did you mix over to all-snow?

13 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Wow.  Congrats.  I had heard forecasts for isolated 12" in higher elevations of spots north of here.  Was the event all snow or did you mix over to all-snow?

didn't even measure yet, so..    

and it's still moderate / heavy at times. 

50% sleet mixed in for the first few hours.  then all snow.  temp was at 32 when everything started. 

Flurries flying up here in the NW Philly hills!  Getting my first trace of the nascent season.  Glad I finally put the veggie garden to bed yesterday when it was warm.  Currently 41.5F, overcast, with some moderate - strong winds.  And yup, that is knocking a whole bunch of leaves off the trees that still have them.

Beautiful late fall day here amongst the peaks of NW Chesco

High 45.2 AM low 36.0 - should go below that b4 midnight tonight - high wind gust 29mph

In beautiful Sea Isle City NJ today High was 47.1 and the AM low was 36.4 - high wind gust 30 mph

Couple current weather webcam shots from both spots just now

SICHi.20161122_155627.jpg

Backyard.20161122_155617.jpg

Archived