SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overperformer? Back road in Chester county was covered with sleet at 382ft elevation. Sleet started at 7:30pm. Fully formed flakes 8:45 pm. Very slippery driving cars were struggling on my hill. Some flakes. Hit 72 F earlier today. Force 6 gale at times. Douglassville not much except white rain and wind. Didn't think this was going to verify until I saw the radar this afternoon thought it might die when the sun went down. 

Hey all, back for the winter! Hope everyone in the forum is doing well. Wasn't active in summer as the weather was just incredibly boring. Anyway,  front came through about a hour and a half ago and down to 39 here with 70% sleet/rain mix in levittown. did not expect any frozen! awesome to see you guys north and west getting snow. I hope we can changeover for a bit too.

1st measurable snow of the season today here in the soaring.... permafrost hills of NW Chester County with 0.3" of snow....this follows a record high today for the relative high elevation dataset (since 1983) of 68.1 at 12:40pm. Although nowhere close to the record Chester County lowlands record of 74.0 recorded back in 1913

12 minutes ago, zenmsav6810 said:

When this storm hit, it reminded me of that 10/30 thunderstorm front we got... just colder

Reminded me of 11/2005 on the eve before Thanksgiving a strong front changed to snow in a very similar way and almost the same amount I had measured 1".  Showed off the snowballs I had made and frozen in the freezer to some puzzled guests :lol:

Just now, RedSky said:

Reminded me of 11/2005 on the eve before Thanksgiving a strong front changed to snow in a very similar way and almost the same amount I had measured 1".  Showed off the snowballs I had made and frozen in the freezer to some puzzled guests :lol:

hehe.... that was a long time ago. I was in fifth grade. 

Archived