SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far have topped out at 77F today.  There was a strange warm-up over night between 3 am - 6 am where the temps rose from the 61F that held steady after sunset, to 66F (was not just me but other stations registered it in the area) before the winds went calm and the temp dropped and bottomed out at 57F @ around 8:30 this morning.

Had to post...Was driving on the Roosevelt Boulevard when those cells went through. The clouds had like a rolling edge to them you could tell it was going to come in with a bang. It did, near "white out" from the wind/rain. I actually pulled over because where I was driving there were lots of trees and I didn't want to get killed from a falling branch. That was the most impressive storm of the year for me, in November, lol. 

I wish I had a camera on me at the time because there was 1000% a wall cloud associated with today's storm. I hope some other posters saw it or took pictures, it was epic. The wind associated with the beginning of the storm was unreal. I was actually nervous in my car it felt like a tornado was coming through. 

On 10/30/2016 at 11:53 PM, Wentzadelphia said:

Down here man it was insane. Craziest winds of the year I wish I had video of it. I was legit worried sitting in my car 

Wasn't as bad where I was. The initial gust from the gust front here was pretty wild but the rest was probably 40-50 mph gusts. Had a storm this summer with a couple downbursts associated that gave me high winds so I don't feel too bummed out.

Archived