Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

I think I caught a glimpse of it around 7:50. I believe there's another launch tomorrow evening?

I stopped looking at exactly 7:50... Figured the launch was cancelled or the high thin cloud deck over the southeast obscured the view. We do really need clear skies to get a good view of it. Haven't heard about a second launch.

6 hours ago, RedSky said:

I stopped looking at exactly 7:50... Figured the launch was cancelled or the high thin cloud deck over the southeast obscured the view. We do really need clear skies to get a good view of it. Haven't heard about a second launch.

I waited and watched and waited and checked a clock and the stream of the launch on my phone, but there was just enough high clouds lower down on the horizon to apparently obscure it from view here.  But at least I did clearly see its destination do a flyover about 8:03 pm the night before. :D

Only maxed out at 79F today. Currently 76F.

5 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I waited and watched and waited and checked a clock and the stream of the launch on my phone, but there was just enough high clouds lower down on the horizon to apparently obscure it from view here.  But at least I did clearly see its destination do a flyover about 8:03 pm the night before. :D

Only maxed out at 79F today. Currently 76F.

First time I saw a launch from Virginia it looked great but three strikes since. Might have given up a minute too soon but I think the cloud deck was going to obscure most of the path anyway.

AM low here 39.4 - lowest so far this season was the 38.4 on the 11th. Should beat that tonight with a chance we hit the freezing mark (although Wxsim only forecasts a 33.6 by AM tomorrow)

Over the last 12 years here in East Nantmeal the date of the first freeze has ranged from as early as October 13th in both 2006 and 2012 to as late as November 9th in 2004. With overall an equal distribution of 6 first freezes in October and 6 in November

Backyard.20161025_081518.jpg

Archived