Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Sounds refreshing, sort of! This morning is the second day in a row where the temp at midnight here was 80F and the low 77F before sunrise. Yesterday made it to 95F, thinking between 95 - 97 today, might as well go for 97.

I find this weather easier to deal with when you can see some relief coming, but so far the relief is a little too out of reach to start getting excited about. Some slight cooling early in the week which will help, but it looks like it might be the end of next week before something like 80's for highs and 60's for lows happens here.

Saw a couple of meteors around 4:30 this am, between some broken overcast.

Nothing remotely refreshing about this humidity. Hope you put out a kid pool for the squirrels they can use it.

Went to an open field and gazed for only half an hour at 2:30am and counted 11 meteors not impressive. What was impressive were the mosquitoes, went too light with the bug spray they chased me in. The woods help to cap the temps around here but you pay for it with skeeters.

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Nothing remotely refreshing about this humidity. Hope you put out a kid pool for the squirrels they can use it.

Went to an open field and gazed for only half an hour at 2:30am and counted 11 meteors not impressive. What was impressive were the mosquitoes, went too light with the bug spray they chased me in. The woods help to cap the temps around here but you pay for it with skeeters.

We were actually joking about getting one for us since we like being outside so much. We'd need to get a cover for it to keep the night shift critters out. I think we'll just wait for it to cool off though.

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

90.7F !

Shower chances reduced to 30% is double nuts. I want to go dry now this weekend to feel like I experienced historic heat humidity and dry first half of August.

Reverse psychology - might work....radar isn't looking too good for the rest of today though.

Made it to 96F here, down to 93F now.

6 hours ago, Bacon Strips said:

this is insanity.  non-stop severe storms. 

insane CTG lightning / insane bomb blasting thunder.  

scary sht...Literally.  I never remember anything like this before...usually it would be 1 severe storm and that's it...the rest would be duds.  Each one here is like stronger than the last one.

I figured someone was getting HAMMERED watching that show last night. From a distance, it was awesome!

5 hours ago, Tibet said:

Watching these storms from the easton area atm... honestly maybe one of the most beautiful light show I ever remember seeing here... hours on hours on hours. Amazing.

We were at Musikfest last night, and left to head back to Tamaqua. That light show kept us entertained all the way home, which is nearly an hour long ride. It was so beautiful that the wife and I both took videos of it. She while I was driving, and me for a few minutes (after I found a wide open parking lot) up by Northwestern Lehigh High School in New Tripoli....

2 hours ago, dizzy9479 said:

Wow -- low of 83 at PHL and a low of 83 at ACY -- any idea where these stack up on the all-time minimum low list?

if it holds 83 would break the all time AUG record high min at Philadelphia of 82 which has been recorded on 4 occasions, 1917, 1918, 2001 & yesterday.

The 83 would all tie the highest minimum ever recorded at Philadelphia, it was also 83 on 7/23/2011 & 7/24/2010.

Temp records at Philadelphia go back to 1874

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

I figured someone was getting HAMMERED watching that show last night. From a distance, it was awesome!

We were at Musikfest last night, and left to head back to Tamaqua. That light show kept us entertained all the way home, which is nearly an hour long ride. It was so beautiful that the wife and I both took videos of it. She while I was driving, and me for a few minutes (after I found a wide open parking lot) up by Northwestern Lehigh High School in New Tripoli....

It was literally like 3 separate severe storms all in one.  To the point where you're done seeing that for the rest of the year. 

I was in the bullseye of lightning density for the last 24 hours

lightning_conus2_96_6297.png

Archived