• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Chasing out in the Plains

nwohweather

Check out this incredible time lapse from Thundersnow's COD trip from yesterday.  One of the better time lapses you'll ever see of a near stationary sup just grinding away.  The ending is sick, as some mammatus appears, and then the updraft shrivels away as it weakens.  

Money shot from that

post-322-0-87877500-1463937812_thumb.png

Check out this incredible time lapse from Thundersnow's COD trip from yesterday. One of the better time lapses you'll ever see of a near stationary sup just grinding away. The ending is sick, as some mammatus appears, and then the updraft shrivels away as it weakens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHWwfDfi-Y&feature=youtu.be

This is one of the cooler time lapses I have ever seen. The inflow into that storm looked awesome.

Wildly impressive timelapse. Great score for the Tsnow and the COD crew. I'll be heading out in the wee hours tomorrow morning with Danny Neal and a coworker to the Plains. We're leaving from LOT. Preliminary plan was to head for Dodge City and assess but may need to consider western OK as an option.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wildly impressive timelapse. Great score for the Tsnow and the COD crew. I'll be heading out in the wee hours tomorrow morning with Danny Neal and a coworker to the Plains. We're leaving from LOT. Preliminary plan was to head for Dodge City and assess but may need to consider western OK as an option.

Might see you there.

Might see you there.

Good luck to you guys!  Wish I could be out there this week.  Overall pattern looks great for chasing all week.

After about 2-3pm on Sat I'll be free to chase until June 8th.  The pattern for next week doesn't look nearly as good as it does this week.  However, at least instability will remain in place, and the mean troughiness remains out west.  Mid-upper level flow will be much weaker than this week, but I'm hoping there will be a few subtle ripples that appear as we get closer to that period of time.  Just give me 30kts at H5 and I'll be happy at this point.  

That will be a hard chase day to top. I stayed back a bit which I somewhat regret, but that was my plan coming in because I wanted to stay back from the big crowd. I ran into Andyhb for the second day in a row. All in all, between my photos and tornadoes that I saw while driving, I count up to 9 on the day. I'll be interested to see the final tally and what a day to have multiple mobile radars on a storm.

post-7778-0-05397700-1464154786_thumb.pn

Cancelling the chase trip to the Plains. Next week looks lol worthy.

Don't blame you, and it's unfortunate.

CFS "chiclet chart" suggests after next week there may be one more opportunity before the traditional season ends.

As it stands now, I have two chases on the season, 3/15 and 3/31...and probably shouldn't have chased the latter. Haven't really missed any good days up until now (5/22 & 5/24), but those were must misses being in FL for this active period.

CFS "chiclet chart" suggests after next week there may be one more opportunity before the traditional season ends.

As it stands now, I have two chases on the season, 3/15 and 3/31...and probably shouldn't have chased the latter. Haven't really missed any good days up until now (5/22 & 5/24), but those were must misses being in FL for this active period.

Nuts. Missed it by that much. OH,  well wall eye fishing on the Missouri is good too.

That will be a hard chase day to top. I stayed back a bit which I somewhat regret, but that was my plan coming in because I wanted to stay back from the big crowd. I ran into Andyhb for the second day in a row. All in all, between my photos and tornadoes that I saw while driving, I count up to 9 on the day. I'll be interested to see the final tally and what a day to have multiple mobile radars on a storm.

With my pretty limited experience chasing, yesterday was easily tops, but seeing so many experienced chasers calling it a career day makes it even more special. Agreed it will be hard to top that, especially considering I have less opportunities to get out there. Not exactly sure how many tornadoes we saw, so we've been estimating up to 10. Will never forget seeing 3 tornadoes on the ground at once at one point and then 2 on the ground at another point. Just a tornado machine that supercell was. We were farther back than some of the closest in photos and videos I've seen, probably similar to you, but certainly close enough to appreciate the incredible motion. Feel lucky to have had the scheduled days off work perfectly timed with yesterday's event and also the Woodward area tornado on Monday. Congrats to you for the past 2 days as well.

Yeah, only a few chases for me to up to this point.  One being March 15.  Never would have thought my chase season would peak on March 15th lol.

Gonna head out to Jackson Wyoming, and then Yellowstone NP later in the week since chasing's off the table.  Probably check out devil's tower and the badlands on the way back.  Consolation prize I guess.

• 11 months later...
On 5/24/2016 at 11:34 PM, cyclone77 said:

Cancelling the chase trip to the Plains.  Next week looks lol worthy.  

Just like last year, this year's chase trip is lol worthy.  After about 3pm tomorrow I'll be free through June 7th.  Looks like a garbage pattern just like last year.  Guess it's time to just give up on anything other than weekend/local after work type chases.  :(

8 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Just like last year, this year's chase trip is lol worthy.  After about 3pm tomorrow I'll be free through June 7th.  Looks like a garbage pattern just like last year.  Guess it's time to just give up on anything other than weekend/local after work type chases.  :(

What a sweet time of the year for a long vacation. I would be golfing until my shoulders explode, hahaha 

Archived