joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6" here.  Completely took everyone off guard.  This morning was a disaster.  One of my meteorology students mother spun out and got hit by an oncoming truck and died this morning.  Several people got into accidents on the way to school.  I nearly hit a guard rail.  We haven't had a delay or snow day all year.  It would have been nice if they weren't so stingy today.  Most roads this morning were also not plowed or salted.  A completely unnecessary clusterf***.  They have hardly had to salt or plow all winter.  The salt piles must look like they did in the fall (still high and ready for snow).  Some schools around here did delay and then many closed.  Now we still get our 6 day Memorial Day weekend since we used no snow days.  A 5 day Memorial Day weekend would have been fine.  Kudos to the NWS for forecasting the most snow (3-6").  Most forecasts were 1-3" here.

On a happier note I just had my first x/c ski of the season.  Winter wonderland out there.

Ginx (or anyone)

1) has Dryslut posted lately?

2) How did Pete MRG do in these events?

Dryslot is doing it the right way...just avoid the forum now as NNE doesn't get snow anymore.

Me, I'm a glutton for punishment so I like watching everyone else get snow haha.

Pretty soon you guys will be telling myself, Jeff, Debrite, etc that we have to move (like codfish) to see snow in the winter :lol:.

Archived