SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great day. So glad lots of people got in on the fun. Maybe 4" here and still snowing. 25.1 and dropping, winds calm.

I love living in SNE -- because you never know what you're going to get!

This one really didn't leave many out of the advisory snows or better this time...you got 4-6" in far NW MA and 6 spots in N ORH county with a solid 4-5" into NE MA and then even the south coast is getting some catchup time now with solid advisory snows all in between through the meat of SNE with even some warning snows in there in SE MA I bet and RI....all save maybe SW CT coast.

Very solid system for April.

I thought we were going to catch up, a bit, but after a brief nice period of snow, we seem to have found the inevitable dry slot.  It doesn't even really reflect on the radar, but it's barely snowing right now.  And I was just getting suited up for the cliff walk.

I don't think that's the case, actually ...  I think "nice, 'finally performed at all' " may be more appeasing to the beleaguered warriors of the winter forlorn unsung - 

no seriously, this went down about how it was modeled.  the NAM has .3 to .7" liquid dappled about the area and that's mirroring snow totals at 12 to 15::1 ...

i'll tell you, if anything, if there's an "over" performing it's really relative to calendar date.  The last time a ratio was hit that high this late in the season...gosh, Will or Scott may know but it's been a while

It was totally an overperformer for CON.

Looks awesome man. Thanks.

Enjoy it dude, about as good as April gets for winter weather in SNE the past couple days.

Hopefully next season we get NNE out of the funk.

This one really didn't leave many out of the advisory snows or better this time...you got 4-6" in far NW MA and 6 spots in N ORH county with a solid 4-5" into NE MA and then even the south coast is getting some catchup time now with solid advisory snows all in between through the meat of SNE with even some warning snows in there in SE MA I bet and RI....all save maybe SW CT coast.

Very solid system for April.

yep-we were a touch too far south here.  10 miles north of here different game.  Got into some ZR last 2 hrs of the event and sleet as it ended.  30/28.

Are the roads a disaster? I ask because I have to be at a client meeting tomorrow at 930 am in Boston and am planning on heading from NJ around 7. Thinking of taking 95 despite the extra distance ... Think roads will improve between now and when I hit the bad stuff (pvd?)

Taking the family too so it's definitel touch and go.

Archived