joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys good call on this storm, i know i can be a pain in the *ss, asking questions, but thats how i learn..... about 4-5" on grass, 3-4" on street? Anyways good call.. 23F, light snow now

Will and I were mentioning this a couple few days back that this "little critter" actually popped up on all models like well over a week ago, and was never lost.  every single GEF s member had this, and they all fit inside a remarkably tight tolerance of differences some 6 or 7 days ago at that.

It's funny how a big bomb some times waffles in the runs ... but then you get this thing and it was like abominable presence in the physics of things like it was.   fascinating.  come hell or high water, the atmosphere was going to get the job done on this thing.

Yeah I was thinking about that today...how the sky never seemed to have that bright look that often happens in late season events. We must have had a very thick cloud deck with low ceilings most of the day.

responded to this but it got wiped somehow - heh. 

anyway, as i was saying, it's similar to the "ground is too warm" myth.   

if it is cold and cloudy enough, it doesn't matter ... the snow will stick.  the sun does a play a role, obviously ... but get beneath a certain amount of blocked irradiance and it no longer does.   heh, kind of like going below 100 feet of ocean and it gets dark. 

4 3/4" looks to be the final..  Nice overperformer.

I don't think that's the case, actually ...  I think "nice, 'finally performed at all' " may be more appeasing to the beleaguered warriors of the winter forlorn unsung - 

no seriously, this went down about how it was modeled.  the NAM has .3 to .7" liquid dappled about the area and that's mirroring snow totals at 12 to 15::1 ...

i'll tell you, if anything, if there's an "over" performing it's really relative to calendar date.  The last time a ratio was hit that high this late in the season...gosh, Will or Scott may know but it's been a while

Still looks like Sugarbush, VT is the winner of the event with 7" reported as of 1:30pm and still snowing (WNW of Montpelier/MPV). 

They'll probably have 9-10" in the morning.  Killington to their south has had 3" so far, and we've had nothing but flurries just to their north.

Archived