• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

The irony..the warmest winter on record that has featured such a dearth of snow, also had the coldest air mass in 60 years, as well as some of the harshest April weather on record.

If that isn't a paradox, I'm not sure what it is.

Might be a case of different locations, but April 2003 and April 2007 had some pretty harsh weather. 

2003 had a high of 39F at BTV for the first 10 days of the month...this won't be close to that.  BOS had a 2" snow on April 8-9 I think and didn't see an above normal day until the 15th.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like ALB reported 2.1" yesterday for a seasonal total of 12.6". Couple that with the 3"+ plus from today and 15-16 is  safely now in second place it looks like.

But no one will ever be able to take away the Warmest and Least Snowiest Met Winter on Record since 1870 or whatever, haha.

2" down and pouring snow here. 22F, impressive cold. 

Nice...you over to Hubbdave missed an extra 2" of snow yesterday by like 10 miles...N ORH/Holden over to New Braintree and Hardwick had about 4". Hopefully you can make that up by racking up a few inches in this band. Wish I was on winter hill right now for that band...but work today in BOS isn't so bad either...never thought I'd say that about BOS in an April event. :lol:

Apr4_1145am_Radar.gif

Mine and my daughters schools were on time this morning and the roads were a disaster.  Most were untreated.  They were probably our of salt after this epic winter.  I missed side swiping a guard rail at 25 mph by inches.  I can't believe we are holding in the low 20's here.  1/4 mile visibility right now.  Whoop!

This is the heaviest snow we've seen in a long, long time hah.. but yeah the temperatures are pretty impressive too.

Obviously I was speaking of locally, and I said some of the harshest...

Yeah true, but looking at BOS records there are some impressive early April periods... like 1-2 week very cold patterns with days and days of double digit departures. 

But this is definitely a sharp cold snap for sure...but yeah splitting hairs.  I think a lot remember them more when it snows during the cold rather than just early April cold and dry or a light 1-3" event.

My folks say they are around 3.5-4" as measured on the deck just SW of ALB, so who knows if its blowing off the roof or whatnot...take it for what its worth lol.

They are very near Snowgeek.  Coming down at 1-2"/hr right now.

attachicon.gifApri_4.gif

Those bands looks great for the W MA folk.

Probably end up a little over 2" when done here.

cref_t3sfc_f03.png

cref_t3sfc_f05.png

HRRR had that dry slot. Everything's going to plan, The snow in northern MA isn't as great as it looks on radar. Here and there we are getting quality flakes but mostly it's tiny flakes that aren't adding up. 

Now moderate to heavy snow coming down. About an inch. Might have to use my yardstick for the first time this winter. My thermometer broke, but 21F in Keene. I'm right next to the CT River at 300 feet or so, might be a couple degrees warmer. No complaints!

We had gotten to 30.7 during the dry slot, next batch came in as some light rain/drizzle. The temperature has now backed down to 29.8 and the precip is mostly sleet with a little rain mixed in. Might be in for a bit of a surprise here in the SW portions of CT. We were expecting mostly rain until this later evening.

Archived