SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to run from Albany NY to Waterbury CT tomorrow morning, leaving at 5:00am from Hazleton PA for Albany. I figure sometime between 9 and noon I'll be running across the Mass Pike over to route 8, then down into CT. Can anyone give me an idea of what local mets are thinking up that way...and what kind of road 8 is from the Pike to the state line...

This POS event will probably put me over 30.0" on the season. I really wanted to keep it at a miserable 29.9".

Sorry no futility record for CON. With nearly 150 years of precip data that would have been impressive.

If things break right, it might not even be a top 5 worst snowfall season.

If things break wrong.

I am begging for no snow tomorrow or the rest of this season. I think there is a good chance we escape with less than 2.

It is time to be done with this crap. Let's shuffle the deck and start again with a Nina.

Sorry no futility record for CON. With nearly 150 years of precip data that would have been impressive.

I have to run from Albany NY to Waterbury CT tomorrow morning, leaving at 5:00am from Hazleton PA for Albany. I figure sometime between 9 and noon I'll be running across the Mass Pike over to route 8, then down into CT. Can anyone give me an idea of what local mets are thinking up that way...and what kind of road 8 is from the Pike to the state line...

8 down to CT line is tight and winding but it is a heavily used TT route and DOT on either side does a good job

Only 27.3" at FFDN in 79-80 so we beat that back in late Feb. anything under 3ft is impressively meek though.

8 down to CT line is tight and winding but it is a heavily used TT route and DOT on either side does a good job

Thanks much.  :) 

My apologies in advance to the snow lovers, but I'm really hoping temps are marginal enough that road accumulations aren't too much of an issue.

If things break wrong.

I am begging for no snow tomorrow or the rest of this season. I think there is a good chance we escape with less than 2.

It is time to be done with this crap. Let's shuffle the deck and start again with a Nina.

an attitude i've carried in secret since mid February frankly -  

I was serious in the banter thread a few days ago. It was a bummer to see you guys so quiet. I hope you guys have a good stretch....hoefully not at the expense of me..lol. I mean this was not a great winter...but I can't complain much if I clawed my way near 40".

Yeah what's your average? You must be pretty close to the long term average, especially after tomorrow.

You guys probably have departures from normal similar to what we had last winter up here, just a couple ticks under normal...but still with more warning events.

Will and I talked about that the other day too...BOS with 8 winter storm warnings since the northern Greens have seen their last one. That's amazing.

Hey oceanst, do you have any of those omega/700 mb RH graphics for this event?

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/mdd/mddoutput/ Take a look at this site; it would be nice if it had better resolution; nearly impossible to use with its low resolution maps... its QG map suite (read description

on main page) would be great if you could get a larger / cleaner

Archived