SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps never sniff freezing....basically upper 20s mid day.

Folks will need that if they're buckin' for some road impact.   Depends, ...if this can linger into tomorrow night than the April sun becomes less of an issue.   The way to offset the irradiance factor at this time of year, for events by day, is cold and cloud, and lots of 'em! 

I've seen blowing snow off roof tops and horrid travel conditions as late as April 15, but that was in a bona fide comma head, CCB hosing Nor'easter.  But at this time of year, our latitude can't set at 30 + F under that kind of 'bright sky snow' , or even the car tops will melt almost as fast as they gain. In fact, you'd end up with that kind of accumulation where the dirt in between early green is black, but the snow forms little pillows on the top of the blades of grass.

In either event, the 06z grid had close to .6" for Logan.  I'd say that's upping the quota for that particular guidance.  

12z NAM jackpots the same areas that did well today. 6"+ verbatim from Pike region into BOS and down to south shore and northern CT/RI.

I posted yesterday, NW RI/NE CT/S Worc County jack for today, and will go same for tomorrow. 800-900' hills in this area see to always perform; always amazed at the higher amounts that come out of Burriville.

I'd expect much less to be wasted with this next event. Surfaces will be cooling substantially between now and go time. The next system is running into a very cold airmass. Today's system was a nice table-setter in how it left a "winter atmosphere" in its wake.

As an aside, I'd caution anyone who did best today to hedge against the same happening tomorrow. Historically, you never see that with back-to-back systems. I think we shift the "best snow" line at least 50-100 miles north, relative to today's event. This storm seems to be coming in slightly more amped with each set of models runs.

Looks good! There is a chance this could be my biggest storm of the year if everything works out kind of sad lol

Thoughts:

Connecticut:

http://www.southernconnecticutweather.com/forecasters-discussion/a-tale-of-two-snowstorms-part-two-monday-442016

Slide2.jpg

Everyone else:

All of MA north of the MA/CT border, Northern RI(PVD metro included), South Shore/Interior SEMA: 3-6" lollies to 8"

Southern NH/VT: 2-4"

South Coast: 2-4"

Cape: 1-3"

Thoughts:

Connecticut:

http://www.southernconnecticutweather.com/forecasters-discussion/a-tale-of-two-snowstorms-part-two-monday-442016

Slide2.jpg

Everyone else:

All of MA north of the MA/CT border, Northern RI(PVD metro included), South Shore/Interior SEMA: 3-6" lollies to 8"

Southern NH/VT: 2-4"

South Coast: 2-4"

Cape: 1-3"

...Because the atmosphere works in straight lines.

...Because the atmosphere works in straight lines.

How else would you model it out? There's no good way to know where the little kinks are going to be, so you pick a border and hope for the best. I don't really see this as an elevation event, more of a straight latitudinal gradient and as such I didn't highlight the hilltowns. 

Archived