Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter Thingy

H2O

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had allergies (or they were mild at worst) until I hit my 40's. Now every year they are a little worse. This is the first year I've had to take allegra every day and I've suffered from burning nose and throat with some bloody noses. I don't think this year is any different pollen wise. I think getting older is the real issue. 

I work outdoors and you'd think that would help build an immunity.  Nope.  This week has been rough.  Tons of sneezing and eyes being itchy and stingy.

I saw a show a few years ago about allergic reactions.  They basically said that we are all allergic to everything but our systems handle certain things without much trouble.  then all it takes is one extra exposure and the switch is flipped and we have stronger reactions.  

Best solution is to all wear diving helmets outside.

Car is totally green.  Not washing it until Friday.  I am not normally prone to allergies but this year is different.  Ugh.  Hoarse, sniffling, sneezing….  Trying to stay away from medicine, but it is hard.

I scraped up all the pollen on my car and snorted it.  Go big or go home.

That's not what I want to hear at my age :(

Nah, don't worry. It happens very gradually. You'll enjoy your 30's and then sometime in your 40's you'll realize your warranty is long expired and you're falling apart. By then you're staring down the barrel of the end game and just start rooting that you'll make it to at least 70. No biggie.

Nah, don't worry. It happens very gradually. You'll enjoy your 30's and then sometime in your 40's you'll realize your warranty is long expired and you're falling apart. By then you're staring down the barrel of the end game and just start rooting that you'll make it to at least 70. No biggie.

I just need my powertrain warranty to keep going.  The bumper to bumper ran out years ago due to milage.

I just need my powertrain warranty to keep going. The bumper to bumper ran out years ago due to milage.

No doubt. If I had known I was going to live this long already I would have taken better care of myself. Then again Im worth more dead than alive so I'm uncertain that my kids and wife want me to live to 70. They might be tainting my beer for all I know.

I scraped up all the pollen on my car and snorted it.  Go big or go home.

LOL!

Yep, all flat surfaces here are dusty and a shade of green.......UGH. Rain is needed.

Yesterday felt better, previous two days were July 4th in April...yuck. Only bonus is the cooler air in am, just back in from morning hike, 40's SO MUCH better than 70's/low 80's. The 'clothes switch' is official, shorts out, jeans packed away until October/November.

Son ended up with 22 inches of snow the other day, those 40+ amounts in foothills were insane. So looking forward to heading out there end of May.

No doubt. If I had known I was going to live this long already I would have taken better care of myself. Then again Im worth more dead than alive so I'm uncertain that my kids and wife want me to live to 70. They might be tainting my beer for all I know.

For some reason that 80's song 'Tainted Love' got stuck into my head with that line.......

Sad to hear the news about Prince.  No clue if he was a good man or bad, but his music was part of my youth, and this is just another reminder how that has faded. While my tastes have changed over the years, I'm still a fan of his 80s music.  Little Red Corvette still gets me to sing in my car whenever I hear it come on. 

Sad news about Chyna also.  Seemed like a troubled soul.  May she too have finally found peace.

Sad to hear the news about Prince. No clue if he was a good man or bad, but his music was part of my youth, and this is just another reminder how that has faded. While my tastes have changed over the years, I'm still a fan of his 80s music. Little Red Corvette still gets me to sing in my car whenever I hear it come on.

Sad news about Chyna also. Seemed like a troubled soul. May she too have finally found peace.

Really taking this one hard. Every time I hear a Prince song I'm immediately transported to my college days, youthful and carefree. Such an awesome talent.

Drugs will get you every time. Lay off the opiates kids. RIP Prince.

RR, I am not sure Prince was ever associated with drug use. Maybe the media is hiding it which is possible. I never cared too much for his music but respect what he created. I just don't like it when people are not allowed to make eye contact with Prince. That rubs me the wrong way.

Drugs will get you every time. Lay off the opiates kids. RIP Prince.

Opiates are nasty and there is widespread abuse around the world. It's probably very understated in the media. 

I battled with sciatica  and 3 bad discs for a couple years before physical therapy fixed most of it. My doc wanted to prescribe percocet for when it got bad but I said no way to that. So she switched it to "non-narcotic" tramadol. I never even took the 100mg x 2 a day as prescribed and was on it for 6 months. I got sick of the side effects (loopy/bad sleep/etc) so stopped cold turkey. Boom. Awful withdrawal. My doc swore up and down that it wasn't tramadol because it "isn't addictive" and is "non-narcotic". Total BS. Google tramadol withdrawal. It's a BIG problem. 

I will never ever use pain medication over the long term again as long as I live if I can help it. Worst experience ever. I was so pissed. The cocktails doctors give people (especially celebrities) is totally irresponsible. I can totally see why people go down the rabbit hole and get stuck. If I had been on tramadol for years it probably would have been 100 times worse. Terrible. 

TMZ has printed some pretty potent stuff about Prince and if it's true I feel really bad for the guy (not that I don't feel bad already no matter how it happened). We're reaching a time in history where big pharma is responsible for more drug abuse than illicit stuff. It's becoming (or already has become) "there's a pill for that" world. 

Opiates are nasty and there is widespread abuse around the world. It's probably very understated in the media. 

I battled with sciatica  and 3 bad discs for a couple years before physical therapy fixed most of it. My doc wanted to prescribe percocet for when it got bad but I said no way to that. So she switched it to "non-narcotic" tramadol. I never even took the 100mg x 2 a day as prescribed and was on it for 6 months. I got sick of the side effects (loopy/bad sleep/etc) so stopped cold turkey. Boom. Awful withdrawal. My doc swore up and down that it wasn't tramadol because it "isn't addictive" and is "non-narcotic". Total BS. Google tramadol withdrawal. It's a BIG problem. 

I will never ever use pain medication over the long term again as long as I live if I can help it. Worst experience ever. I was so pissed. The cocktails doctors give people (especially celebrities) is totally irresponsible. I can totally see why people go down the rabbit hole and get stuck. If I had been on tramadol for years it probably would have been 100 times worse. Terrible. 

TMZ has printed some pretty potent stuff about Prince and if it's true I feel really bad for the guy (not that I don't feel bad already no matter how it happened). We're reaching a time in history where big pharma is responsible for more drug abuse than illicit stuff. It's becoming (or already has become) "there's a pill for that" world. 

I so wish you could have posted this in PR about 3 days ago.

Just read the TMZ report. If it's true, then we see yet another abuse, knowingly or otherwise, of pain medications in this country. They are dangerous as Chill mentioned. So addictive and consuming. Press Conference at 4pm I think. Sad.

Addiction to pain meds (or any other med) is big business. Huge business. Big pharma secretly needs addicts. I sometimes wonder if a completely non addictive and equally effective pain med was discovered but the inventor suspiciously died and the formula was incinerated.

Physical and mental withdrawal is no joke. It felt like someone punched me in my stomach 10 times a day and my feet weighed 100 pounds each. I also had the blues bad for 2 weeks and I'm always up beat. After research I learned that tramadol (and maybe all pain meds) screw up your serotonin balance. The only thing that can fix it is time off. The entire experience lasted 2 weeks but only the first 5 days were really uncomfortable. I can only imagine what a long time/high dose user has to go through.

One of the things that burned me was complete denial by my doctor about withdrawal. So no help there. Percocets are tapered after long term use. Or you can get prescibed anti withdrawal meds. I had to suck it up and deal with it on my own. It's a good thing I'm strong willed or it could have been a real issue.

My wife was on some hard core narcotics for pain for about 6 months a few years back for a severe intestinal issue.  Finally got that straightened out through surgery, but getting off the meds, even though she wasn't mentally addicted, her body certainly physically was.  Brutal withdrawal.

You won't regret it. You'll probably be as amazed as I was once I started using it. Doesn't smell like anything. Doesn't leave any type of slippery oily residue or make anything look greasy. Just makes everything brand new. I'm not sure how armor all is still in business to be honest.

I ordered another bottle from amazon yesterday. I need to find some more stuff to put it on. I might walk the neighborhood at night hitting random lawn chairs and grill covers. lol

You nailed it! I used the Marine 303 on the hot tub cover and omg, it's no longer the sad, dried up, sun beaten thing it was.

I now completely understand the desire to run around looking for things to 303. :)

Archived