joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thingy

H2O

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redskins on T-day.  Ugh.  Takes away one of Dallas' nationally-televised games.  I hate when they schedule those teams in a national spot.

why would that take away from one of Dallas' nationally-televised games? Dallas always plays on T-Day and it is always on TV? 

why would that take away from one of Dallas' nationally-televised games? Dallas always plays on T-Day and it is always on TV? 

Correct, and they're on TV when they play the skins... so if they are playing the skins on T-day (or Mon, Sun, Thur night) then that's one less game I see.  Of course, that might be for the best.......

Correct, and they're on TV when they play the skins... so if they are playing the skins on T-day (or Mon, Sun, Thur night) then that's one less game I see.  Of course, that might be for the best.......

i still do not understand... why is that one less game you have to see? 

i still do not understand... why is that one less game you have to see? 

For example: if Dallas played, say, Chicago on T-day and the skins the week after, then I'd be guaranteed to see both games.  If they played the skins on T-day and Chicago the next week, then the Chicago game may not be televised in this market.  In the first case, both games would be shown here, and in the second case only 1 game is guaranteed to be shown.

For example: if Dallas played, say, Chicago on T-day and the skins the week after, then I'd be guaranteed to see both games.  If they played the skins on T-day and Chicago the next week, then the Chicago game may not be televised in this market.  In the first case, both games would be shown here, and in the second case only 1 game is guaranteed to be shown.

ohhhhh... got it. sorry, i was super confused.

... thats what you get for being a dallas fan ;) 

I've always thought that it is pretty dumb that the NFL sunday ticket is only on DirectTV and also dumb to not have PPV for all NFL games. PPV makes the most sense. The majority of NFL fans are only interested in their team and will watch whatever else in on nationally. Sunday ticket isn't necessary. I would think there is a lot of money to be made in the PPV market. They could still black out PPV in home markets so ticket sales wouldn't be affected. I'd gladly pay $250/yr for just my team's NFL games. 

I know it's big business and contracts and such but it all seems illogical. NFL should part ways with DirectTV or require them to offer the Sunday ticket to everyone. Right now you can get the ticket if you live in an area that can't support DirectTV or if putting up a dish won't work. It all seems dumb to me either way. 

Skins schedule from London on is brutal.  And they play on or before every holiday from T-day on.  T-day, Xmas eve and New Years

Besides the three games on Thanksgiving (which is normal), the entire league is playing either Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (two games, Ravens play) and New Years. So... 

I've always thought that it is pretty dumb that the NFL sunday ticket is only on DirectTV and also dumb to not have PPV for all NFL games. PPV makes the most sense. The majority of NFL fans are only interested in their team and will watch whatever else in on nationally. Sunday ticket isn't necessary. I would think there is a lot of money to be made in the PPV market. They could still black out PPV in home markets so ticket sales wouldn't be affected. I'd gladly pay $250/yr for just my team's NFL games. 

I know it's big business and contracts and such but it all seems illogical. NFL should part ways with DirectTV or require them to offer the Sunday ticket to everyone. Right now you can get the ticket if you live in an area that can't support DirectTV or if putting up a dish won't work. It all seems dumb to me either way. 

Absolutely.  I gave up the Ticket years ago because 1) my team stunk, 2) the price became outrageous, 3) I don't see the point in paying for games that I have no interest in watching, and 4) fantasy football interests had me stuck inside during the best time of the year watching games I should've had no interest in watching.  

Millersville University - Virtual Seminar Series **TODAY @ 1:00pm Eastern Time**

Title: Integrating EM and Meteorology

Background: Friday, April 15th at 1 PM EDT the CDRE's final Virtual Seminar of Spring 2016 semester. Chris Walsh, the former state meteorologist of Georgia, will be speaking about the integration of emergency management and meteorology. The United Nations Office of Disaster Risk Reduction released a report last fall stating 90% of the major disasters between 1995 and 2015 were weather-related. The relationships between EMs and meteorologists must strengthen in order to reduce the impacts of hazardous weather and climate change.

Besides the three games on Thanksgiving (which is normal), the entire league is playing either Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (two games, Ravens play) and New Years. So... 

Just a bit unusual this year.  The Skins even play 3 consecutive road games which hasn't happened in like 14 years or so

Holidays on weekends are awful.  They should only be during the week.

no way. A holiday on a weekend is a three-day weekend, at least for me. Holidays on Saturdays is Friday off, while on Sunday is Monday off. Would much rather have that than random day off in the middle of the week. 

no way. A holiday on a weekend is a three-day weekend, at least for me. Holidays on Saturdays is Friday off, while on Sunday is Monday off. Would much rather have that than random day off in the middle of the week. 

amend that so that all holidays are either M or F.  Thanksgiving is still ok cause most places give you Thu and Fri off

Tu-Wed holidays are like taking a day off to visit the dentist for fillings

amend that so that all holidays are either M or F.  Thanksgiving is still ok cause most places give you Thu and Fri off

Tu-Wed holidays are like taking a day off to visit the dentist for fillings

For the M-F crowd that is true. My work schedule has me off at least one day of the week during the month/rotation (but only one weekend a month) so it doesn't really matter to me, plus a 'off day Holiday' is just that, nothing extra in time off.....now pay, that is a different story.

Archived