SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter Thingy

H2O

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew. Bob never had a doubt. Me, on their hand...

I figured Britton won't give up 3 runs. He tried to anyways. What a hot start this year. It's going to be a while before we really know what we have as a team. They are probably playing better than they are and a reality check is looming. Love hot bats though. Makes the game fun. 

If the starting pitching can just be slightly above average this team will do damage. That lineup is going to put up big numbers.

Os have  a very intriguing line up. Should hit a ton of home runs. Infield defensively is very good. Bullpen so far looks like a strength. If the starting pitching can be solid, this should be a fun season.

I figured Britton won't give up 3 runs. He tried to anyways. What a hot start this year. It's going to be a while before we really know what we have as a team. They are probably playing better than they are and a reality check is looming. Love hot bats though. Makes the game fun.

If the starting pitching can just be slightly above average this team will do damage. That lineup is going to put up big numbers.

Os have  a very intriguing line up. Should hit a ton of home runs. Infield defensively is very good. Bullpen so far looks like a strength. If the starting pitching can be solid, this should be a fun season.

The O's have been pretty successful under Buck but their starters have never all put it together in the same year. Bats and bullpen are awesome this year, and as you all said, as long as the starters are halfway decent, the bullpen won't be over-used like last year. To have one of those rare special years though, Tillman, Gausman, and Jimenez all have to eat up innings and keep us in the game. Gallardo does that, so not so worried about him, and Wright is a wild card but I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch. With a year under his belt, he could be a pleasant surprise this year.

Just as much as the pitching, health killed the team last year. Wieters, Machado and Hardy all spent too much time out. And, we had no one to fill the role of Cruz from '14. Trumbo is no Cruz, but he's better than what we had last year. If long stints on the DL can be avoided the lineup will be sick.

The wife just accepted a job at Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus in Baltimore, so it's back to the Mid Atlantic subforum full time.  Next winter I'll be watching raindrops while mappy rejoices in the Jackpot Zone.

are you moving to the city? 

Anyone see the photos from the hail event NE of Dallas yesterday? Good lord, imagine the updrafts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/04/12/dallas-suburb-hammered-by-huge-destructive-hail-monday/

I found it equally fascinating that the woman taking the video asked where the cat was at least 5 times, as she let her son run around the house filling with shattered glass while wearing only 1 sock. 

Good news on the job front!  Starting a new detail away from my office next week, only temporarily though.  Heading back over to Silver Spring to work in the NWS Communications office thru September.  Going to be working on the Weather Ready Nation Ambassador program.

You got to love how most members on these forums only respond to their own interests. Shout to the Nationals!

Yeah, sorta goes along with the ebb and flow of the 'traffic' on here. Plenty of folks are around in winter then come March they all start disappearing until you get down to a handful, maybe a uptick in severe and hurricane situations, then come late fall traffic starts picking up again........wait, maybe that means most folks like winter weather???? :unsure: Nah, gotta be something else.....

Archived