Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two questions. When can we get red tags on here and where is the best online college/university to get your meteorology degree?

Phoenix University?  :D

Hi, everyone!  Long time, no chat.  Just popping in to make sure the place still exists.  Work is keeping me too busy to be able to spend too much time on here lately.  :(

This is a shocker!!!

After careful thought and consideration, we have decided to discontinue the TVNweather Live Storm chasing service.

When we launched the TVN live streaming platform 4 years ago, our mission was to grow a platform for storm chasers to share their severe weather reports and experiences in the field with weather enthusiasts, news media, emergency managers, and especially the people in the path of these dangerous storms. The platform has provided many storm chasers with the opportunity to share their chases with the world and we consider the overall experience a success. Many people and organizations have also come to rely on it for public safety and early warning and we know it will be missed.

Unfortunately and for various reasons, we can no longer provide the level of service everyone has grown to expect and as such we would rather simply shut the service down rather than provide a substandard viewing experience.

We are not seeking options or contributions to continue operating the Live Storm Chasing platform, but simply would like to thank our loyal supporters and especially our network of hard-working storm chasers for growing this incredible product over the last 4 years.

I'm not quite understanding this wording from the warnings I've heard or seen several times today for my location. Is it referring to wind driven hail, or the wind itself? This is from the current complex approaching Holly Springs/Cary/Garner

IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND DAMAGE           TO ROOFS...SIDING...AND TREES.

Archived