SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Observations

mackerel_sky

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tornado description added in new warning.

Locations impacted include...
Sandy Ridge...
Francisco...
Collinstown...
Prestonville...
and Penns store.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

Remain alert for a possible tornado! Tornadoes can develop quickly
from severe thunderstorms. If you spot a tornado go at once into the
basement or small central room in a sturdy structure.

Just wondering --- the only hail and tornado reports today have been from Indiana. Haven't seen any reports of flying fish, and Sharknado~4 is still 3 months away.

04/28/2016 0437 PM

1 miles W of Capella, Stokes County.

Hail e1.75 inch, reported by trained spotter.

Hail the size of Golf balls as well as small limbs

broken.

.69" yesterday/last night, and a 75 minute power outage around 9:30 - probably from a distant lightning strike well after the 2nd storm passed through.

I signed up with Duke/Progress for phone alerts, and they called and gave an estimated restoration time of 12:30AM, so we went to bed around 10:00. Power came back on around 10:45 - and Duke called again, and wanted us to confirm that service had been restored at this location. Also, the automated message said there were 1,450 customers affected by this particular outage.

Cool morning; currently 58.5 at the house. Front is definitely south of the RDU area. Forecast high has me at 73 but with the overcast and drizzle that may be hard to achieve. Hot days of summer not far away. we need to enjoy every cool spell we can get.  

Summer like heat is already here in ga/sc. Gfs showing temps as high as 90/91..nam is a little cooler in the mid to upper 80s, while the hrrr is showing temps around 92 to 93 today.  FFC is forecasting a high of 89 for my neck of the woods with some 90s in central/south ga. Athens might break or tie a record today..record is 90.

Too damn early for this heat. I miss winter already.

hrrr_T2m_seus_8.png

Archived