• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    HunterMT
    Newest Member
    HunterMT
2010 extreme

April 2016 obs/ discussion

21.8 for low here, could have been worse, slight NNW breeze likely kept temp off the 18 DP. Not a record, needed to reach 17 from 1985. The 40.2 high was a new record low max, beating again 1985, which was 41. Still 25.4/22.2 at 8:30 am.

28 was the low here. Glad the wind under performed for once. Never really materialized. Was an interesting weather day yesterday, but I am ready for some real MA Spring weather...75-80.

3-Day snow total for Canaan Mt is 18.8". Brings them to 127" on the year. They were at 3.9" on January 1st.

It snowed more on Thursday night than it did all of October, November, December and the first week of January combined.

Impressive. Has anything actually started coming out there?

Not as far as foliage or flowers, but the buds were getting some color and size.  I hope they were still dormant enough.

Stayed below freezing in excess of 10 hours.  Nice.  Not much in the way of frost this morning, just enough wind last night to keep it from forming, and the DP was really low (17F).  Hopefully, the lack of protective frost really allowed everything to freeze hard.  The flowers on my Bradford appear brown, looks like other flowering fruit trees in the neighborhood are similar.  Good riddance to them and all the bees they attract.  Now let's get this crappy green-season over-with  and out of the way, so we can move on to a good season, fall.

Stayed below freezing in excess of 10 hours.  Nice.  Not much in the way of frost this morning, just enough wind last night to keep it from forming, and the DP was really low (17F).  Hopefully, the lack of protective frost really allowed everything to freeze hard.  The flowers on my Bradford appear brown, looks like other flowering fruit trees in the neighborhood are similar.  Good riddance to them and all the bees they attract.  Now let's get this crappy green-season over-with  and out of the way, so we can move on to a good season, fall.

Lol who doesn't like it when everything is green..? I think some of the posters here forget they live in the south.

40 with a slight breeze. Feels great in the sun

Sun angle is a beautiful thing. This is why when you live in the deep south cold isn't really a thing. For them a 40 degree january day will still feel great in the sun.

Sun angle is a beautiful thing. This is why when you live in the deep south cold isn't really a thing. For them a 40 degree january day will still feel great in the sun.

Wish we could bottle up this weather and keep it until fall. Been a great weekend. Imagine spring is waiting in the wings though.

You are truly one of a kind. Fall will be here sooner than you know it. 148 days until Labor Day. 

That's a bit of a stretch.

You're comparing what a day here feels like in April with temps in the 40's to a Jan day there (wherever there is) with temps in the 40's.

Let's say you're talking about Mobile. That's the deep south. It's 8 degrees south of DC. We are currently nearly 30 degrees higher wrt sun angle than we are in early Jan. 30 degrees makes a big difference. 8 degrees won't make the kind of difference you are talking about. It's about the same amount of difference between Feb 5 and March 1 here.

I don't know who you are but.....thank you. If I ever get that island off the coast of Maine there is a bungalow with your name on it.

Our magnolia tree has a lot of young leaves that are brown and withered now.  Anyone know if they'll grown back this year?