Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April 2016 obs/ discussion

2010 extreme

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday night looks like a high wind warning event - looks like potential for very strong gusts behind the cold front with impressive cold advection.

I wonder if we see any snow squalls. 

Saturday looks like a forecasting nightmare.  NAM rides the precip further west and keeps us wet.  Euro is borderline, and GFS is mostly a whiff.  If we get socked in with rain Sat, and then wind chills on Sunday, that'll be another dud of a Spring weekend.

I wonder if we see any snow squalls. 

Saturday looks like a forecasting nightmare.  NAM rides the precip further west and keeps us wet.  Euro is borderline, and GFS is mostly a whiff.  If we get socked in with rain Sat, and then wind chills on Sunday, that'll be another dud of a Spring weekend.

LWX has put RN/SN mix in the grids for Saturday night.  Good times.  

Long range looks chilly to cold.  

Hope it is over doing it.

Sure looks stormy too. Ensembles are in agreement of a very amplified pattern d8-10 or so. Could be a late last freeze for DCA this year. 

EPS is closed off @ h5 on the 8-9th. You could get a late snow with this sort of look

ecmwf-ens_T850_mslp_us_9.png

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_9.png

80.9.  3rd 80 of the year.

High Wind Watch here also.  Looks to be focused overnight Saturday.  Quick hitter as far as wind events go.

...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAYMORNING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A HIGH WIND WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAYEVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.* TIMING...LATE SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.* WINDS...NORTHWEST 25 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH POSSIBLE.* IMPACTS...DOWNED TREES... POWERLINES...AND MINOR STRUCTURAL  DAMAGE. DRIVING HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES IN THESE CONDITIONS IS  DANGEROUS.

Nice to see you posting again :)

Classic rainy Saturday morning for laying on the couch and watching movies I should have seen long ago. 

Indeed - drizzling here off and on. Looking forward to the wind...been pretty boring weather wise lately. Kind of why I fell of the map a bit ;) - I'm ready for severe season.

Archived