joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First 20ºC temperature of the year just reached IMBY  :D !! Waterloo is at 19.1ºC and my guess is 2:30-2:45 pm for their first 20 which is what I figured out to be the average time during the last 18 years of first 20ºC time of day readings. I was the closest yet for winning the contest but it came too soon.

This really is the best possible weather you can have in April, and the best April weekend weather probably in years. Getting this taste or dinner of summer makes me want to experience a heat wave so badly; a dry 30ºC day  :wub: .

Sounds like inland areas are roasting!  :P

Very nice day here. About 61° at home. Every other household seems to be outside today. Heard the first lawn mower today.

Was at the lakefront about an hour ago and it was only 53° down there. Wall to wall sunshine though.

DVN ended up nailing 84, and MLI hit 83.  Nice over-achiever today.  81 was the high here.  Just an outstanding mid-April day.

Doesn't it feel hot outside, even with the low humidity?  I wouldn't know since it stayed in the 60s here, but in the mid-April sun I'm pretty sure I would be sweating if I lived in DVN or MLI.

freezing a few blocks from lake. oh well beats 80.  save that for seasons in seasons. wish we could fast forward to June.. Seems like it should be so much closer since the very early Easter and torchy march has me thinking we're further along in to spring.

Doesn't it feel hot outside, even with the low humidity?  I wouldn't know since it stayed in the 60s here, but in the mid-April sun I'm pretty sure I would be sweating if I lived in DVN or MLI.

Nope, actually quite pleasant with the dews being only in the 40s.  Huge difference between that and even dews in the upper 50s.  Just enough breeze as well.  Kind of a hint of summer, yet comfortably warm.

Maxed at 74 today at DTW. I will say we add a couple tomorrow and hit 76-77 and 80 on Monday.

The only thing to possibly watch out for Monday will be potential cloud development with moisture and convergence (albeit modest) increasing ahead of the cold front. 

At the very least, could see more afternoon CU develop.

75 yesterday and looks like a repeat today. winds turn north with just a high of 43 tomorrow... more typical

morning coffee walk.  hard to believe a week ago I could hardly keep up with snow removal and now birds are singing, I see a few robins here and there, and flocks of geese flying over this morning headed for Superior. everything is so awake, and believe it or not, there's still snow on the ground. mother nature amazes me!  :D

At least low 80s appear probable away from the lake in northern IL and northwest IN. RAP/HRRR are suggesting mid 80s will be fairly widespread and they performed well yesterday. If you take the warmest forecast 925 mb temps of the day and fit that within the top third warmest days with similar 925 mb temps (we have a smart tool at LOT for this), then mid 80s are a definite possibility.

We're going with a high of 80 at ORD now, which would be first 80 of 2016. Normal first 80 is 4/20, so would be close to the average.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

At least low 80s appear probable away from the lake in northern IL and northwest IN. RAP/HRRR are suggesting mid 80s will be fairly widespread and they performed well yesterday. If you take the warmest forecast 925 mb temps of the day and fit that within the top third warmest days with similar 925 mb temps (we have a smart tool at LOT for this), then mid 80s are a definite possibility.

We're going with a high of 80 at ORD now, which would be first 80 of 2016. Normal first 80 is 4/20, so would be close to the average.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Most places in IL look to be a little ahead of where they were at this time yesterday.

We started out at 47, but have risen over 30 degrees to 79.  Not a cloud to be seen at this point, but I'm sure like yesterday we'll see the summery flat cu explode over the next hour or so.  Temps sort of plateaued after those developed yesterday.

EDIT:  This time yesterday we were 4 degrees cooler at 75, so maybe a shot at 85.

Archived