joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

61 yesterday, 63, today and upper 60's for the weekend.

Big melt day yesterday, and should see all but the piles gone by the end of the weekend.

A couple weeks earlier than last year.

backyard:

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

roads are ****

IMG_4278 (2).JPG

Oh god. Drop the truck into 4, and hope for a rainstorm to clean off the mud.

Currently 65 degrees. Snow is in rapid melt. Down to about a foot. Creek is flowing and the gutters are running pretty fast with lots of standing water up next to the house. Forecast for tomorrow is 72. Probably will see bare ground open up in spots then. Just amazing weather considering the first 11 days of April.

Currently 65 degrees. Snow is in rapid melt. Down to about a foot. Creek is flowing and the gutters are running pretty fast with lots of standing water up next to the house. Forecast for tomorrow is 72. Probably will see bare ground open up in spots then. Just amazing weather considering the first 11 days of April.

Could put that video on loop and listen to it for a long time.

Hit 73 today, full sun. Actually managed to sunburn my face and neck while mowing and cleaning the garage the last few days.

HRRR showing temps around 80 for today (Saturday).

It has done well this season when going warmer than other guidance, so we'll see if that continues.

365ee801d1844f0d986add6f21d0c00b.jpg

Saturday looks very sunny so I could certainly envision something like the HRRR.

Amos Dodson at IWX talked about overperforming temps in his discussion this morning, thinking areas even this far east could touch 80° even though my point is calling for 76°.

weatherbo, I'm enjoyed your series of reports this month.  It sure has been some crazy weather you've experienced.

As it often the case, we are overperforming by at least a few degrees every day.  We hit 77 this afternoon before some clouds moved in from the south.

Thank you, man!

April snow helped push my winter snow total over 200" and my final grade to a B+.  The mild winter was a welcome relief.

Still amazed with the crazy slow start in a super 'nino, winter still came through.  I think I'll grow old here.

Forecast of 72 today should really get the spring ball rolling and lay waste to most of the remaining snow, although lighter winds will allow a cool Superior breeze later in the day.  Enjoy the weekend everyone!

not too many places in the UP with any white left

Amos Dodson at IWX talked about overperforming temps in his discussion this morning, thinking areas even this far east could touch 80° even though my point is calling for 76°.

Amos is a very good met, he is going to nail this. As for here they haven't budged off of the 68 they forecast 3 days ago for today, even though we blew past yesterday's forecast high by 4. I expect us to do the same today maybe even add a degree or two and end up at 73-74. Shorts weather today.

This warmup has been faster than expected.  Originally, it was going to be a slow and steady rise, a couple to a few degrees each day, but instead each day has been soaring past the previous day.  We hit 77 yesterday, and so far today we are another 7 degrees ahead of even yesterday's robust rise.  If we remain sunny, I have to think low 80s is possible.

Thank you, man!

April snow helped push my winter snow total over 200" and my final grade to a B+. The mild winter was a welcome relief.

Still amazed with the crazy slow start in a super 'nino, winter still came through. I think I'll grow old here.

Forecast of 72 today should really get the spring ball rolling and lay waste to most of the remaining snow, although lighter winds will allow a cool Superior breeze later in the day. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

not too many places in the UP with any white left

ssm_depth_2016041611_0_600_450__13278_4871__12813_5492_dem_shading_ik_m_1_0_0_1_0_0.png

Your area of the UP is amazing. I'd love a cabin up there, just couldn't live there. For the super nino it was, it really wasn't a bad winter in MI. Not good,.but sure as hell no 82-83 or 97-98

Archived