• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

Looks like 1-3" later today/this evening. Not that I won't enjoy it but I'll be content if this is the last snow of 2015-16. It truly is time for spring.

Looks like the snow falls between ~5pm-11pm. This time around, the H85 isotherm is lagging the 0c line at the sfc so it should be a fairly clean transition from SN-->RN. Snowfall rates will probably vary quite a bit as they tend to do in spring but I like your 1-3" call. Then... onto spring.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the snow falls between ~5pm-11pm. This time around, the H85 isotherm is lagging the 0c line at the sfc so it should be a fairly clean transition from SN-->RN. Snowfall rates will probably vary quite a bit as they tend to do in spring but I like your 1-3" call. Then... onto spring.

The 14z HRRR goes wild with the snowfall from 8-11 pm in the GTA. Over 4" of wet snow.

I was only expecting scattered light showers this morning, but a thin line of storms (only ~5 miles wide) trained over my house for a couple hours, to my very pleasant surprise.  Heavy rain with thunder really gets my spring fever going strong.  I have received 1.01" while a few miles away they've had nothing.  I've now had 5 inches of rain over the last month or so.

A bit of pea size hail was reported near me earlier, but I did not see any.

Wow, DMC!

Definitely a different scene at the other end of lower MI. Waterford, MI

current.jpg?1460307344

Had sleet wrapping on the windows for awhile this morning, before it flipped. 0.1" reported by the nearest observer.

EURO is nothing be NE/E flow here. No good.

Holy crap in Oakland county!

Our fun here was yesterdays whiteout, though this morning did once again saw nice snow falling, picked up 0.2" now some sleet falling. 8 of the last 9 days have had snow fall and the 1 day that didnt had a coating of snow on the ground much of the day. Needless to say a very snowflakey first third of April. This may be the last of the 2015-16 season.

4617-800.jpg

EDIT

When uploading the pic I remembered I forgot to post this pic of a LES snow cloud from yesterday

4618-800.jpg

Estimating over 3" on the grass here in London. Wasn't' expecting that much. Hopefully that bodes well for you guys downstream.

Just posted in Upstate NY forum...snowing as hard here as it did all winter during any synoptic storm.  About 2 inches on the ground, huge flakes pouring down.  Nov, Dec, and Mar combined at BUF had 1.9" of snow.  Closing in on 6" for April...

Archived