joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a tiny cell pop up just to the north a short while ago, so quickly went out into the backyard and tried to get some lightning shots.  Most of the lightning was within the cloud, and the few decent times there were bolts I missed them.  Was a nice little surprise though.  Did manage to get a few very tiny bolts in this shot lol.

1zqsd3k.jpg

Took this pic earlier this eve after the powerful severe rain shower passed through town.  This is of a different cell coming in from the west, that missed to the south after this shot.  This is out west of town.
2vl9paf.jpg

What an incredible day. 23 to 74, a difference of 51 degrees. Then from 63 to 46 in one hour. Day of extremes.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yeah this will be a day I won't soon forget.  From 26 to 77, then 60+mph winds from a rain shower, a little evening light show, and then a sudden drop in temps back down to 47 by midnight.

Just an incredible few days around here considering it's April.
MQT:
-31st-3rd 20" of snow

-With a low temperature of 1 above zero early this morning (4-3-16), the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township recorded the lowest temperature in the continental U.S. for April 3.

Further north where I live, 4 day total of 25.7".... 10" both Saturday and Sunday.
I notice schools down in Negaunee and Ishpeming are closed today and they rarely close for snow.
Haven't had a plow up here except once early on Saturday, but should  make it up this way by afternoon.

Looks like 4-6" fell across Toronto. Not seeing a lot of reports from elsewhere but just based on radar it looked like the heaviest snow fell *north* of the the city, in defiance of basically every model out there.

I was sort of expecting a death band to develop from southern Lk Huron over towards Hamilton/Burlington. The question was whether Toronto would be close enough to get into the action. That never really happened though. Scanning twitter, doesn't look like many areas went north of 6". Still, for April, a very respectable event.

Just an incredible few days around here considering it's April.

MQT:

-31st-3rd 20" of snow

-With a low temperature of 1 above zero early this morning (4-3-16), the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township recorded the lowest temperature in the continental U.S. for April 3.

Further north where I live, 4 day total of 25.7".... 10" both Saturday and Sunday.

I notice schools down in Negaunee and Ishpeming are closed today and they rarely close for snow.

Haven't had a plow up here except once early on Saturday, but should make it up this way by afternoon.

That snow isn't going anywhere for a while.

Looks like 4-6" fell across Toronto. Not seeing a lot of reports from elsewhere but just based on radar it looked like the heaviest snow fell *north* of the the city, in defiance of basically every model out there.

I was sort of expecting a death band to develop from southern Lk Huron over towards Hamilton/Burlington. The question was whether Toronto would be close enough to get into the action. That never really happened though. Scanning twitter, doesn't look like many areas went north of 6". Still, for April, a very respectable event.

Ended up with 5.0" here.

Also hit about 5.0" with the snow last night. There was a long period of time where flake size was terrible, around 11pm-midnight last night when rates were progged to be the highest. For a while we were lacking true dendrites, mostly just pixie dust and platelets. This likely cut into totals significantly.

Archived