• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snow/Ice obs for spring wintery event (Wed-Thur Nite)

N. OF PIKE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home. Still some ice on the trees here but a lot of melting. The top of the hill looks like an icy wonderland...big difference between 800 and 400ft.

We mixed out with the cold front.... pretty classic with 4,000ft going from 43F to 34F very quickly behind the front, while the low elevations went from 34F to 46F, lol.

Amazing to me that the picnic tables and the low lands pretty much traded temperatures in like a matter of a half hour.

Its the classic cold front that's a warm front in the low elevations...but a cold front that is a cold front in the higher elevations.

Summit sat in the low 40s earlier today before the FROPA dropped it back to 34F.

But then in the low lands the cold FROPA acted like a warm front...

It was supposed to hit 63 here today. I only managed 37 so far after a low of 29 with a freezing rain start in the AM. Road surfaces were too warm to glaze over, but everything else received a coat of ice. Ice is now all melted.

Up to 34F so far. On my way home I enjoyed my WMUR forecast on the radio of well into the 50s this afternoon.

Those forecasts always give me a chuckle. Even the times we break out down here alot of their viewing area never does. Just like flurries north of the notch, meanwhile Pittsburg will be pulling 6-10.

we poached yesterday top of the mountain but non existant. It has snowed everyday I am here. Hotub pool call. What a treat to have skiing like this amidst the disaster.

Yeah this week has been just as wintery in NNE as much as any other week this winter, lol. 

4" of snowfall on Mansfield in 2 days was a big event this winter. 

Good timing to come up Ginxy.

Archived