Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute blue bomb roof collapser for powderfreak on the D7-8 Euro. :lol:

It even gets interior SNE (esp Berks) with decent snow after starting as rain.

my synoptic impression of that is about 20" of blue at Orange Ma - but it's picking nits at this range, duh. 

i've been hitting that extended period for some time.  not intending to take credit, just sayin' the solution may be full of schist by i can understand where it is coming from. 

Absolute blue bomb roof collapser for powderfreak on the D7-8 Euro. :lol:

It even gets interior SNE (esp Berks) with decent snow after starting as rain.

Watch us end this with 20-30" of snow lol.

There are some cumulative 3 foot amounts in central to southern VT over the next 9 days.

my synoptic impression of that is about 20" of blue at Orange Ma - but it's picking nits at this range, duh. 

i've been hitting that extended period for some time.  not intending to take credit, just sayin' the solution may be full of schist by i can understand where it is coming from. 

It brought back some better thermal packing in the mid-levels...supporting a more robust cyclogenesis versus some of those "rotted out" looks we saw yesterday.

Watch us end this with 20-30" of snow lol.

There are some cumulative 3 foot amounts in central to southern VT over the next 9 days.

Yeah there's over 2" of QPF in parts of the Greens as snow just in that one storm on the Euro. :lol:

Anyways, typical clown range, but it was fun to see it on that run. There's obviously some potential.

Yeah there's over 2" of QPF in parts of the Greens as snow just in that one storm on the Euro. :lol:

Anyways, typical clown range, but it was fun to see it on that run. There's obviously some potential.

there's definitely something in that range trying to come into focus; what that is/form/impact is up in the air (pun intended...)... 

interestingly, the freebie 12 GEFs ensemble members drill out a trough closer to D7/8 ...

I'll call it now... Weymouth with more snow than the higher summits of NNE on that one too ;)

I look at the track and I'm like there she is, the Boston Harbor bomb...then my mind is immediately like "oh wait that's not possible anymore"  lol. 

Ray disturbingly fits into that pic quite well. :lol:

the three horsemen of the apocalypse - 

anyway,  that April 8-9-10 event has been on the table spanning almost a week's worth of la-la range modeling, and to a great extent, their respective camps of ensemble depictions have carried the trough amplitude idea, too.  In fact, they still do as of last night. 

the problem is that this is April,... and without a fresh installment of cold to steepen up gradients/thickness in the low to mid levels, and timed just right,  that sort of cutting mlv center and dramatic appeal over the top of a sun rotted lower troposphere can, and often does, verify more like a maelstrom merely drifting over top.  you end up with limited surface reflection, grapple in the elevations and a period or two of dying low-top convective showers for everyone else.  

i've seen this sort of thing modeled in April and May many times, and what ended up happening was that 2 day period of drab weather that was more like just convectively unstable whenever the sun won for a couple hours.  

if you look at most if not all these robust solutions, within 18 to 24 hours of those "deep" results, the low is filled to the point of being light winds and light rain...the trough also filling. That unusual hurried weakening is direct evidence of the models not seeing a lot of baroclinic instability to work with amid an atmospheric medium immediately leading up to that trough's greatest mlv amplitude.  

that can certainly change ... just what i'm seeing "as is" - or perhaps, as of, the 00z run/mean.  obviously, there have been big snow events right through May - duh.  but it's just that folks should keep this in mind that the rotted affair is perhaps even equal in probability for the time being.

whatever happens, that really should be it.. the flow in all GEFs members appears to go nebular, losing a lot of coherency for much of any pattern construct and that's very typical of spring, too. 

Can we slide that 100 miles east please ? I will pray to the great RevKev to make it happen

Oh it will don't worry ;).

That will either go out to sea by the Benchmark, or up the St Lawrence River Valley.  I'd bet anything on one of those two outcomes.  Going over Boston is not happening this season.

man, the GGEM really pulls the plug on everything after Tuesday... 

it's as though it just got the memo that its spring and opts to unilaterally neutralize all gradients and go warm in the extended... also, makes that big trough amplitude a non-consequential progressive nuisance. 

Euro starting the trend to a St Lawrence track on the 12z run.

heh, if snow is one's concern, i wouldn't get any sense of loss with that thing if i were you - there may not have been anything to lose to begin with

as i was discussing earlier, in April, ...yeah, we've had our storms of lore but they are rarer for the obvious reason.  also, troughs in this time range at this time of year, in the models, will often turn out over-wrought and rotted in the low levels.  people don't seem to acknowledge the sun but it will normalize the medium and destroy the foundation of kinematics for deep layer cyclogenesis more often than people are NOT willing to get excited by a deep solution post April 1. 

it's just as likely that whole thing ends up being a big whirl reserved for mainly aloft, that's more misty and cruel to outdoor enthusiasts at the surface.  

heh, if snow is one's concern, i wouldn't get any sense of loss with that thing if i were you - there may not have been anything to lose to begin with

as i was discussing earlier, in April, ...yeah, we've had our storms of lore but they are rarer for the obvious reason.  also, troughs in this time range at this time of year, in the models, will often turn out over-wrought and rotted in the low levels.  people don't seem to acknowledge the sun but it will normalize the medium and destroy the foundation of kinematics for deep layer cyclogenesis more often than people are NOT willing to get excited by a deep solution post April 1. 

it's just as likely that whole thing ends up being a big whirl reserved for mainly aloft, that's more misty and cruel to outdoor enthusiasts at the surface.  

Oh certainly not... in NNE we do not expect it to snow anymore.  We just like shoveling fantasy snow for as long as possible before the atmosphere finds the next way not to snow ;).

Archived