Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scary thing is I can understand how Kevin's mind works wrt weather. It's partially why he hasn't been banned yet.

I'm pretty much checked out of winter in April if the first week doesn't look cold and stormy too. I love winter and summer equally so I make the switch in my head quickly just like him. I start thinking about the garden and vitamin D from sun on the nape. I feel healthier in the warm season even though I obviously have a soft spot for snow and extreme cold. His hyperbole aside, I would love his seasons in seasons to be our climo. Cold and snowy with a one week flip to hot and sunny. I like fall and the step down in Sep/Oct, but let's get the snow flying by Halloween. I have no use for climo Spring and warm Novies.

Yeah, I get that too. In October, if we get 3"-4" of snow I get giddy thinking about what's to come. When that happens at the end of April I'm resentful and bitter because I'm ready for golf. Having said that, I also understand that sunny and 70 is not normal this time of year nor is 30 with snsh normal on October 10th. When we get those days in those seasons, I just look at them as a bonus.

Well if that's really true, that's disappointing. That's all I'll say

lol...I like paranoid Kevin.

Anyways...somewhat back on topic...

Looks like I'll close out April with 2 more frosts and an avg min around 30F...my coldest in 10 years here. 2007 did have a cooler mean though.

Here's the deal. Many would prefer a warm April and May. But I've grown accustomed to not expect consistent good wx until mid June. Most would prefer a cold autumn. But I've grown accustomed to not expect it before late November to mid December.

Yes and its going to be the second half of May before we get rid of the Canadian cold influence on our weather. Looks to me like we have two weeks left in the dreary period before some real sustained warmth shows up. Not atypical.

Today 44 chilly damp murky day

lol...I like paranoid Kevin.

Anyways...somewhat back on topic...

Looks like I'll close out April with 2 more frosts and an avg min around 30F...my coldest in 10 years here. 2007 did have a cooler mean though.

There's a reason we don't start frost/freeze until 5/10 at the earliest.

I don't mind weather that actually performs as it should...aka temps near normal. Those 85F days in April when the landscape looks like a nuclear wasteland are sort of a waste. Sure, wear shorts for a day...I guess...but otherwise I enjoy the slow ramp up in temps. Save the warm stuff when it looks like summer. I enjoy the sunny 60-70 days immensely.

Maybe not yet...but sounds like he's on the ledge

Lol...Brian was yanking his chain...he's too easy with his paranoia.

Though if he is dying for big heat, then he may want to stay logged off until at least the first week of May is over...perhaps until after mid-month even.

I don't mind weather that actually performs as it should...aka temps near normal. Those 85F days in April when the landscape looks like a nuclear wasteland are sort of a waste. Sure, wear shorts for a day...I guess...but otherwise I enjoy the slow ramp up in temps. Save the warm stuff when it looks like summer. I enjoy the sunny 60-70 days immensely.

Nice ... that's a great description dude -  ...it's also fake heat, too, because thermodynamically, it can 70 F in a snow column at that time of year.  counter intuitive, perhaps, but when it's 70/  ...10  

anywho, did anyone notice how close the 12z NAM sigmas/sounding is to an iso-blue dump over Logan overnight Sunday into Monday?

60052969166 08414 200713 46 02 00 99

i'm actually wondering if that's the NAM factoring in frigid oceanic effects there.  ALB and BTV are both +7 C in the middle boundary layer, yet Logan is +2!  ...all three are at or sub-freezing along 900 and higher on the grid.  

as is ... that would almost argue for giant cat-pow aggregates at Boston, but not sure if there are any intervening layers.   Or, it's one of the coldest non-snowing rains physically plausible without being freezing in nature...  Which, honestly... the utter schit storm of a disappointing winter this has been, now, graduating into a meth addict overdose of a spring ... i think it par for the course of verification trend to disappoint the most possible number of people as imaginatively possible.... heh.  it almost seems the "pattern" is to butt bang, period. 

j/k

that is 36 hours of winter pattern there, regardless of what falls out of the sky.  wow!  

man, ...even though i hate this kind of following rhetoric, 'if this were february' the NAM has a perfect saturation below the elevated, post cyclonic inversion output that would have been 2 to 4 additional inches of mood after the main show...  

this really, just cannot be underscored more as a rub-in 'go f ur-self' to the same denizens so horrifyingly abused by last winter already.  

not that i'm emotional - i'm not.  just sayn'   :)

seriously tho?  that's probably right up there within the top 5 worst days of the calendar year when thinking about the preferences of the sane population bell-curve.  snow or summer zealots are even included in that shafting because, i gotta figure there's only a minutely tiny fraction of people that actually 'like' +2 C heavy rain.   interesting..

Archived