joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember watching a movie in school in the early 1990's about children going to school in a place that rained everyday; but for one afternoon each year when everyone got to go outside to play. I might not be accurately recalling it; but it seems appropriate.

Yes! That is exactly how it went. One day a year was nice and the sun finally came out.

Just looked it up: it's called All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury.

Yes! That is exactly how it went. One day a year was nice and the sun finally came out.

Just looked it up: it's called All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury Snow88.

corrected.

They also lock some poor kid in a closet for the day. It was probably warlock

It's nice to see my memory still works to a degree. Thanks for looking it up!

No problem. Thank you for reminding me lol!

corrected.

They also lock some poor kid in a closet for the day. It was probably warlock

Tony would very much like to have 1 day of Summer.

Wasn't sure where to post this, from Newsday:

It was Weather Education Day at Citi Field Wednesday afternoon — a day when schoolchildren got to learn about the weather theoretically (from weather anchors Mr. G and Linda Church) and practically, from the steady mix of precipitation that put a damper on everything. Everything except the Mets, that is.

I was doing some research and saw that 1945 and 1950 had numerous days with light rain and drizzle...much more than we have seen recently...1945 had the coldest first week in June but made up for it with one of the hottest last week in the month...There are other putrid Springs with many cold rainy days...It's part of the norm around here...

People have quickly forgotten the 2 weeks of clear skies we just had. Probably was some of the best sustained weather I've ever experienced in this part of the country. Coming off an Omega block of that magnitude, this stretch of weather was virtually guaranteed to happen. :lol:

People have quickly forgotten the 2 weeks of clear skies we just had. Probably was some of the best sustained weather I've ever experienced in this part of the country. Coming off an Omega block of that magnitude, this stretch of weather was virtually guaranteed to happen. :lol:

Yeah, I think that beautiful stretch might have made it worse lol. It got my hopes up for a nice Spring.

Granted, we did need the rain, but a day or two of sun in between would have been nice.

Yeah, I think that beautiful stretch might have made it worse lol. It got my hopes up for a nice Spring.

Granted, we did need the rain, but a day or two of sun in between would have been nice.

The worst part is we've managed barely an inch over all these days. Hardly the amounts we need to get of this "pre-drought".

The worst part is we've managed barely an inch over all these days. Hardly the amounts we need to get of this "pre-drought".

Very true, but on the other hand it has really caused the undergrowth and grass to green and thicken. Seems like a lot of the trees have leafed out in the past week or so too.

True..we can't just get away with an extended period of Southern Cali like weather and not pay for it at some point.

We were on the nice side of an Omega block, not we are on the sh**y side of one

True..we can't just get away with an extended period of Southern Cali like weather and not pay for it at some point.

We were on the nice side of an Omega block, not we are on the sh**y side of one

People need to deal with it. We've had nice weather for weeks if not months at a time and people are complaining about a 10 day cooler stretch. This is nothing.

People need to deal with it. We've had nice weather for weeks if not months at a time and people are complaining about a 10 day cooler stretch. This is nothing.

i'll remember this when it's 88f and everyone here starts wilting

I'm going to say it gets pushed back until June.

It would be only the second time during the 2010's for a first Newark 90 in June.

2015....5/26...91

2014....6/18...92

2013....5/30...93

2012....5/28...91

2011....5/30...92

2010....4/7.....92

Archived